Trauma related problems /PTSD and EMDR

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there

My son , now in his teens has trauma related psychological problems. The gp says it sounds like ptsd. we have tried many anti d and many different therapists and we are a very close knit family..yet he remains as he was before. He had to give up.doing his A level and do not know when, if ever, with he be well enough to do so.

So we are taking the EMDR approach this time. I have heard that it has been highly successful and I keep my fingers and toes close., My question is that has anyone out there had ptsd with crazy lucid dreamings every nite, causing him to be a wreck upon getting up? If you had or know someone, what were their coping mechanisms and if any has gone for EMDR? It is coming to 2 years now and I am very concerned for my son. Anything that can help books omline groups...Many thanks.

If I don't get to chat with you again, let me wish everyone of you a brave start to a new beginning 2020.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I hope your son finds help! I tried EMDR for my own PTSD and it didn't help but I know it's supposed to help others. I'm now trying brainspotting but not sure yet if will work.

• Posted

Hi Sakura

Aww. thank you for encouragement. I hope it will work too.. What is brainspotting? I pray that for all of us that we will find a way to manage and get well..even if it takes time. Hugs 🤗

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.