Traumatic Subarachnoid haemorrhage in 2013 - still being affected?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was run over by a car in November 2013 and in addition to fractures I suffered a Subarachnoid haemorrhage.

I was in hospital for three months and then at home for another three months.

I then retired (at 55 ) and have been trying to recover my fitness.

I find that when cycling (over 20 miles) or walking (3 or 4 miles) my right leg just stops working. I have to really concentrate on moving it and it feels like just a dead weight.

I know that they had trouble getting a reflex reaction from the right leg in hospital but I have no memory of the first six weeks after the collision and so I don't know what they were hoping for.

I also had lumbar fractures and put my lack of fitness down to those injuries but it has been suggested that the failing of my leg may be related to the Subarachnoid haemorrhage.

I have seen my doctor but as a 58 year old I exceed the usual fitness requirements - I can dress and walk up stairs, do all the day to day things  etc-  and so there is not much the doctor can offer.

Can anyone suggest who I should speak to or where i can seek help.

Thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Wow that I don’t no but will read on it get back on Subaracachnoid haemorrhage  Hun ok. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.