Traumatized from my recent Health scare

Posted , 1 user is following.

Backstory: My heart felt like it was skipping beats on and off on December 30th, 2021. It just so happened to be the day after a party i went to and I drank a lot so i thought i had screwed up

my entire life due to me drinking on and off for about 10 years (started when i was 18) I'm 29 years old now and i was terrified that i caused lasting damage to my heart due to my stupid immature habit that i only developed during a dark period in my life when i lost a lot of loved ones including both my mother and father. I get A cardiologist same day the 30th and Sunday January 16th I get my results. Normal echocardiogram, No A-Fib (0% burden) heart structure normal, and NO lasting damage from the alcohol i felt so happy about that i cried. I gave up alcohol for good since i want to keep my heart as healthy as possible with my 2nd chance. i was however diagnosed with benign PVC's which were at a 1% burden luckily. i was relieved for a couple of days and felt free of symptoms, until i became aware of my heartbeat again and when one of the PVC's happen i get so scared then i get anxious and now it's ruining my quality of life. I yearn for my old life back and being care free, I'm scarred mentally from this experience, i realized how short life is and how much we need this thing inside of us that beats and how it can stop at any moment. I've been crying a lot and can't let this go, or enjoy my life as much even though i trust my cardiologist and i believe her that im healthy otherwise these benign PVC's scare the hell out of me i always feel like theyre bad news and i need to act quickly before my heart deteriorates. I made a follow up appointment for this sunday i have more questions, i think my fear makes them worse at times all i want so desperately is to get my quality of life back please somebody tell me theres a path to peace for me, i just wanna focus on my engagement to my girlfriend but im so sad and not myself over this that i can't imagine moving on with my life, i thought i shortened my life i really thought i was in mortal peril, i cant relax i dont know what to do, i have so many plans for 2022 but ive lost my mojo and im beaten down by this, ive never been so scared in my life, any insight would be appreciated, i may be healthy but i don't feel it.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.