Traveling headache with pressure, mild, but constant (almost 2 weeks)

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just registered and wanted to post this, probably just for peace of mind at this point. I'm a 22-year old male with no major health problems as of my physical in September of 2017. Starting 2 weeks ago tomorrow, I've had a come-and-go headache with mild-moderate aching and pressure.

It began in the back of my head and neck but has since hit each side of my head separately, both sides simultaneously, the top of my head, my temples, and my forehead. Like I mentioned previously, it is accompanied by occasional pressure in the back of the head/neck and forehead, but I've also experienced jaw and ear pain too. No fever. It hasn't affected my daily life at all except for the first time late last night when my left temple was throbbing before I went to sleep. Still pretty manageable pain, but definitely the worst so far. Today it is back to mild.

I have a history of migraines and headaches, so I guess the fact that this is so unlike those is what's disconcerting to me. Honestly, the worst side effect is the anxiety I get from the constant ache. I'm usually pretty good at noticing triggers, but this is a whole different beast. Over the counter stuff works for a few hours, but I've been wary of taking it so frequently. I drink plenty of water, get plenty of sleep, and I don't think I'm really stressed or anything. I've had it when I wake-up and when I go to sleep but that's not always the case. It's very random. I've tried taking targeted medicine (like something specifically for sinus pain) and I still haven't really narrowed anything down.

I'm 2 months into a 3-month gap between insurance (of course it happens now...) and I can't really afford to be doing most medical things, especially since I visited the dentist because of tooth and jaw pain only 2 1/2 weeks ago and my wallet is still hurting a little bit.

This is my first time posting/talking about this, so I don't know what I'm leaving out or over-emphasizing. If anyone is going through something similar or has absolutely any advice it would be very much appreciated!

2 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi! Did you ever figure out what was causing this? I ask bc you are describing my constant traveling headaches as well. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.