Travellers diarrhoea or something else?

Posted , 4 users are following.

three weeks ago i went on holiday to portugal with my family. on the last night i woke with a fever, chills, nausea, body aches and extremely bad diarrhea. symptoms persisted for 36 hours.

my sons and partner experienced similar symptoms in the days to come but much milder abd lasting only a few hours.

three weeks on my symptoms have returned and i feel dreadful. my questions are, can i pass this thing back to my boys? will this kewp happening? should i see my GP? any advice greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

go to your gp. y'all brought something back with you that could be serious for some who are vulnerable.

it seems quasi contageous. it could

your FIRST stop when sick after ANY trip is the ER then gp!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot stress this enough!! just to be safe.

• Posted

Hi Libby92600

You do need to have a blood check for parasites. You could pass it on to others beside family using public toilets etc., blood test will show any bacterial or viral parasite you may have picked up in Portugal through food or from other people or just from your accommodation.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.