Travelling with crohns

Posted , 4 users are following.

i am going to Disneyland Paris at the end of March with my daughter and her family. I am concerned about the use of toilets whilst in the park as I don't think that you can use radar keys there. I am waiting for Botox injections due to a deep fissure that isn't healing and am finding that the urgency has increased vastly and I am worried that this is going to seriously affect our holiday.

any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

How exciting for you to have a fantastic holiday to look forward to! I can understand why your're anxious not to let anything ruin it!

I've never been to Disney but have had a look at some stuff and most people say that there are plenty of 'rest rooms' on the site, restaurants included.

Apparently they are also good about letting you leave a queue and rejoin it for toilet breaks - so if you need to dash off you can rejoin your family afterwards.

Some people say that the 'disboards' forums have good information. I looked up 'dis board  IBS' and there's loads of ideas and helpful suggestions on how to cope on there. 

You can get an app for your phone which shows maps with the loos shown on it Mobile Magic, Disney Park and Undecover ztourist  are but a few mentioned.

Amazon sell a book called the Unofficial Guide to Disney that gives good tips according to reviews though I don't know if toilets are mentioned but they do have maps in there.

A lot of people only eat what they know to be 'safe' foods on their trip and take Immodium before they venture out. Maybe a supply of Immodium Instants would be a good idea? They dissolve on your tongue and work quick!

One suggestion was to wear Depends. A lady wrote that she had tried this and although she didn't want to wear 'diapers' she felt comfortable knowing that she had backup, as it were, and after a while forgot she was wearing them and was able to totally relax and had a great time!

I guess saying not to get stressed about it as this makes symptom worse is pointless.. Of course you're going to worry but it's a holiday of a lifetime so enjoy every minute!

• Posted

Thanks for your help - feeling less anxious now 😊

• Posted

Many thanks for taking the time to give me some advise - much appreciated.
  • Posted

I've just come back from Disney an had no problems with toilets. There are no toilets around the entrance gates before you go in but if you speak to staff they will let you use hotel. Once inside avoid the smaller toilets like the one at the entrance to adventure land. If you go to vidiopolis the toilets are right over the other side of the theatre and the only other toilets are behind the racing cars and they tend to be busy too. The toilets opposite thunder mountain are busy as this is the most popular ride. The quietest toilets are those in the arcades behind the shops and at the entrance after you go in. All toilets in the studio park were never busy. I found the best thing to do was to use the toilet whether I needed it or not when I passes them. As for toilets in restaurants be careful as not all have toilets if they are near a toilet seat I found out at the all you can eat buffet at entrance to adventure land. I had to leave queues a few times to go to the toilet to and people are fine to let you push back through to join your family. I'm sure you will be fine. Have a wonderful time xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.