Travoprost eyedrops

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have bee takg these drops o 2 ees now and the redness wont go away? Does this stay as long as you use the drops? Wht can you do?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi Gary

i think that this might vary from person to person.

i have the redness and it has lasted 3 years now.

not sure if it would go away if you changed to a different medication.

when i mentioned my red eyes the opthalmologist's opinion was that saving eyesight was a more important consideration.

sorry if this is not very cheerful to hear.

• Posted

https://patient.info/medicine/travoprost-eye-drops

I was just looking at this leaflet.

I no longer need drops for glaucoma but because I have problems with ingredients, I used to be prescribed Cosopt.  They are preservative free eye drops for Glaucoma 

It sounds as though you might be sensitive to an ingredient in the drops.  You need to talk to your Ophthalmologist about the reaction you are having.

• Posted

I had been taking Travatan eye drops for the past 5 years and constantly had a red eye. I was prescribed a number of anti-inflam' eye drops to try and reduce it but nothing worked. About a month ago I was taken off Travatan and now just remain using Combigan which was also prescribed with some Diamox tablets to reduce the pressure if need be. My eye is far more comfortable now and never red.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.