Trazadone -night sweats??

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on 50 mg of traz for about 5 days. Since then, I have had mega night sweats. Has anyone else had this issue?! Has anyone stayed on traz long term?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I take 50 mg of Graz 4 or 5 times a week for help with sleeping.  I only get the night sweats if I have a drink, even just a glass of wine.  Try not drinking or try taking half a pill.
    • Posted

Thanks! I don't drink really so I don't think that is it. Maybe it's just my room? Do you find that it helps you?

• Posted

Yes, it really helps, but I try not to take it every nite.  I sleep with a window open a bit and a big comforter.  When the hot flash hit I fling the covers back for a few seconds then cover back up.  I also take Gravol now and then for sleep if I'm stressed.  If you take Gravol a lot it doesn't work, so just now and then.  Why are you taking this medicine, for sleep or other issues?

• Posted

oh, is that motion sickness meds?does that help? well-mainly for sleep. i was on klonopin and wanted to get off stat due to the addictive nature. i am also on zoloft (take in the am) and my doc might increase the traz and decrease the zoloft. i don't know! it does seem to help though. 

• Posted

Yes, it is the motion sickness med.  it only works about once a week.  I worry about the addictive nature of pills so I try to have a nite with Gravol, a nite with Traz, then a nite with 1/2 Traz, then a nite with nothing.  It is, of course dependent on what my day was like or if I'm worried, but I found alternating things keeps me from being addicted.

• Posted

I've been on 50-150 mg of trazodone nightly. Waking up drenched with a horrible ammonia type odor! I just stopped taking this, was prescribed for insomnia. I had a severe headache, felt like a zombie, and couldn't focus well overall. I'm curious to see how long it takes to clear my system & stop the night sweats.

• Posted

I have profuse night sweats as well. It’s a side effect to the drug. 
  • Posted

I have profuse night sweats as well. It’s a side effect to the drug. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.