Trazadone side effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been on trazadone for 4 years 150 mg in the morning and 150 mg at night , although they take they help my depression and anxiety I feel I'm constantly  tired lethargic and so drowsy all I want tto do is sit down and close my eyes I also feel spaced out and as if it's the medication that is controlling me and I'm not the real me whiile taking them , I thought by now my body would be used to them but they still make me feel like a zombie, I'm also on diazepam which I need to take if I leve my home has anyone else experience this with them ?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Talk w your gp in lowering your dosage I was at 150 night time only felt the same way you did I dropped the dose to 50 MG symptoms are not as bad with med like that you have to find the right dosage it may take some time but you'll get the best of luck to you

• Posted

As ssris give me terrible side effects psych has suggested trazodone.  Have been on mirtazapine two years but its not controlling anxiety. will trazodone help depression/anxiety and sleep?
    • Posted

I have been on Trazodone for 6 years, 200mg at night (which my GP told me was the highest dosage allowed outside hospital.

I was prescribed it for depression/anxiety/sleep and I must say that it did help a little with sleep. Not too sure how much it has helped with the anxiety as I still suffer from that alot, but for me Trazadone is way better than Citalopram that I was on before that just turned me into zombie.

I am trying to come off it with the help of my GP as the side effects (for me) I believe, are doing more harm than good. I am suffering terribly from tinnitus 24/7 and this together with the weight gain (I am not a big eater but have put on over two stone) is actually making me feel more depressed.

Like Jim, the lethegy is a big thing too, some days I can do nothing but sit in a chair and stare at a screen.

Everyone has different reactions to drugs and it might work for you, but I would reccomend you keep an close eye out for side effects and don't let it get to a stage when you have constant ringing in your left ear. (Strangely, the tinnitus seems top effect the left ear!)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.