Trazodone 150mg is working - feeling much better

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all. I just wanted to put a positive message out to say things are really looking up now. Day 6 on 150mg. I take it at 8pm and get into bed at 10pm (still not feeling tired by the way) but then after half an hour or so drift off into a lovely deep sleep until around 7am. Insomnia ruled my life before. Also two other benefits... A general sense of well being during the day plus have lost 4lb in weight as it has reduced my appetite slightly. First med the doc gave me was Mirtzapine( not sure of spelling) which made me sleep but my god it was uncontrollable hunger. I read up on Mirtzapine side effects and it does cause weight gain! A girls worst nightmare - would suit a depressed anorexic! With regard to Traz... The first day I woke up feeling like some one had beat me round the head with a baseball bat - but day 2 woke feeling much better and it's got better every day since. God I hope it continues to make me sleep... Has anyone been on this drug long term and still receiving good results???? 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

HI Nic

My dr has suggested i change from mirtzapine to trazadone (while still taking 40mg of citalopram) to help with the anxiety. I know this post is from a while ago but I'd love to know if it helped with your anxiety and how you're doing now. and also how you were taking your dose. Do you advise splitting the dose between 50 mg in the morning and 100mg at night, you say it wasn't helping you sleep as Mirt has been great for sleeping but not much else. Thanks so much xx

• Posted

Hi there Kitkat.  God it's been a while since I took Trazadone. I came off it as I was starting to feel drowsy in the day, even tho I was only taking it at night. Coming off of it was hard for me... I probably should have tapered more slowly, I was left with really bad anxiety for a few days. Now, I am feeling much better. I now take a supplement called 5 htp, Melatonin and L Theanine. All which I order on Amazon.  I will never go back to hard sleeping pills, I think I become too dependent on them and then scare myself trying to come off. 5 htp and L Theanine really help with anxiety and are a natural supplement - have a google! I hope you are doing well, Traz does work I must admit. My sleep is better but still not great.... I went on Traz for the help with sleep, lack of sleep = anxiety for me. Just be careful if you ever decide to try 5 htp as you can't take it with any anti depressants, it causes serotonin syndrome. I tried Citolaprsm before Traz and it made my insomnia worse ( one of the side effects). Let me know if I can help more xxx
    • Posted

Hi thanks so much for your message. Well I'm having troubles now getting trazadone as GP has said it might be dangerous taking it with citalopram, would be good to know if you have heard of this problem, I'm quite desperate to try something new as I'm feeling so awful. Did trazadone help your anxiety as mine has got so much worse in the past week x
    • Posted

Hi Kat, if you suffer with anxiety I would definitely recommend ordering something called Gaba Plus or L Theanine on Amazon. Also Holland & Barrett sell L Theanine but it's cheaper on line. These are natural anti anxiety tablets that really help, google them.  Personally, I didn't think Trazadone helped my anxiety, I just felt so drugged. It was actually a qualified Homeopath that recommended the Gaba Plus & L Theanine, they do work trust me! Did you start taking Traz for sleep problems or anxiety probs??? I do hope you get something that helps, I know how scary that anxiety feeling is... Just taper slowly off Traz if you do end up coming off it. 
    • Posted

Hi there thanks for your message, again I don't think you can take those supplements if you are on citalopram. Due to serotonin syndrome. I need it for both sleep and anxiety. I'm feeling so terrible right now i really need something to help. What dosage of trazadone were you on? Would be good to know to avoid that drugged up feeling xx
    • Posted

If I remember rightly I think it was 150 mg.  It did help me sleep but just dopey (more than usual) the next day.  I don't know what else can help with your anxiety, apart from Valerian root, that helped me a little bit when I was coming off Traz.  It's a nightmare trying to get the dosage right.  I still have bad nights and I walk around like a zombie the next wondering what the hell I'm doing with my life! Usually I have one ok nights sleep, and then the next really bad xx 
    • Posted

hey kit kat i know you posted a long time ago but did you ever end up using traz?
  • Posted

Hi,

How you doing on Trazodone  ? Im off Mirtazpine and Doctor gave me some to help with Insomnia? Is it still working for you, please let me know

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.