Trazodone

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been prescribed Trazodone and will be taking my first dose tonight.  Can anyone tell me what to expect?....I am very nervous of taking any anti depressant as have had not had a very good esperience with others that i have tried...Many thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello Shabz,

I hope you dont mind me messaging you. I noticed that nobody replied to your post either and am wondering if trazadone is not very good or common. How did you get on with it?

I am on it now & not getting on so well with it. I also read you had a bad time with sertraline. Snap so did i.

So seems we have something in common.

How are you getting on these days?

Butterfly x

• Posted

Hello Butterfly,

Because i didnt get on with other anti depressents and some i cant try as i have ulcer problems the doctor decided i should try trazodone...i have been on it for nearly 4 months but 3 months of a lower dose.   The trazodone has certainly helped with my anxiety and aiding sleep but not so much with my low moods.  I am now on a higher dose so will see how i get on with that.  The only problem i have really found is that is sometimes makes me feel very drowsy. How are you getting on with it.

Regards

Shabz

• Posted

What is higher or lower doze?

I took 25mg (1/2 tablet) and the first and second night it was great. After that didn't feel any effect.

Increasing the dozage to 75mg gave me heart palpitations(next day), higher pulse(which I didn't mind) and some weird feelings in the back of my neck. 45 min. after taking it, so I it's that. maybe even stomach issues too but that I don't know for sure. Lack of appitite anyone!?

• Posted

Hi Laslo

I am on 100mg in the morning and 100mg in the evening....the only side effects i seem to have is sometimes i feel a bit drowsy after taking the morning one...i also get palpations (not very often) but i was having these before i was even taking them.  My appetite is fine.

• Posted

Good for you.

On the drowsiness issue, Why not take less in the morning?

• Posted

Doc put me straight on 100 was fine the few days after cutting down on mertazipine 45 which I had no problem in, 5 days into the new tablets stomach pains been sick last night and I feel if I eat a snack tonight It will happen again, loss of appetite got worst and became prominent after 3 or 4 days and now I struggle to eat, I use to have a problem with gastritis where I struggled to eat and was sick often and that was my "hell" so atm physical and mental health is f*cked, maybe because I started too high of a dosage on these tablets? Maybe the fact its got.lactose in the tablets which messes with stomach problems....are you still on them?
    • Posted

I'm not. I have sleep and stomach problems mainly, less mental I think.

So right now looking into digestion. Easier to digest the food, less problems. Looking into enzymes but the information confusing. I think I will try some soon, so far I tried Betaine HCL and I think it helped. Anything that makes the stomach move. Hot pepper, garlic, fermented stuff etc. Also a bit of magnesium as it suppose to help relax the stomach. I took some, not clear on the effect.

• Posted

Hello,

I had to stop it after 2 weeks as i was getting very suddern tight chest pains that were so scary. So this didn't agree with me although we are all different & what suits one will not suit another. It didn't make me drowsy so took my tablet in the morning. One thing it do do was make me want to eat the house down constantly.

So i must say i am glad to be off it, but where do i go now. I have had such dissappointment with antids that i have now lost hope. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.