Tre123

Posted , 7 users are following.

Your not forgotten...You are in my thoughts.

I hope your not horrified at seeing your name as a title of a post.

it is meant to bring you out of your shell...to let you know people care....whether you did badly last Friday or not....

It is NOT easy to go thru what you are going thru with the work situation and the feeling of needing to isolate.

If you HATE this post being here....i will ask moderator to remove it.

I was going to PM you....BUT...I once belonged to a site....like this...and I thought everyone forgot about me....because i stopped typing for about a month...because I felt like a failure...and like I couldn't go back and say....I did it again.

We all understand...and I know I'm not the only one thinking of you.  When I saw a post that the group I was on...posted with my name....It gave me a good feeling...and that is what I wanted to give to you.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

What a lovely kind and thoughtful post. I'd be interested too as to how tre did or didn't get on. RHGB also asked yesterday.
    • Posted

smile...I remember the devestation of not being able to do what I would say I was going to do.

My hardest memory is that...when I was working and I kept drinking, I would sit in my cube on Friday afternoon, listening to people being excited it was Friday and talking about what they were doing either that night or for the whole weekend.

i was in total paralization....total fear....because I knew that when I walked out the door of the office on Fridays...i had "beer" in my car.  I knew it would start with that one beer...and I would be isolating for the rest of the weekend...doing nothing...but drinking.  

I DREADED Fridays...as others have looked forward to them.

So I understand Tre's fear...of going and  his fear of not going.

• Posted

Tre. I'm here for you too. We have an illness, it kills many. Like cancer. Please never feel ashamed. We are here for you when you are ready. Please never feel bad xx
  • Posted

Thank You!
    • Posted

susan..how is it going with your husband...care to share about if you have a plan to either make it work or make it end?

if you don't want to share...I understand that completely.

Thinking of you too.

• Posted

super nice post!!! Enough said and I will only repeat that TRE is worth it and please try again..do not give up and we are here to help  smile Robin
  • Posted

Tre. Hope you come back again. I've really messed up, let down my loved ones and friends on this site too. Please don't feel ashamed of anything you have done as it could destroy you. Alcohol is a killer and I don't want you to feel bad. 

The good thing about this site is that we are all anonymous and not ever likely to meet. Unlike aa, that is supposed to be anonymous but wow, I could count on one hand those that follow that rule!! Most can't help gossiping! That's why I've only been on 2 occasions this year. Women are the worst! 

My alcoholism has taken me to extremes that most know about. 2 years ago was taking 2 of my kids, age 18 and 14 but was too ill to go( they had an amazing time btw!) and last year I missed my eldest daughters graduation. I won't go into the rest as most have heard it all before.

Blessings to you xx

• Posted

LOL..paper...so TRUE about being anonoymous in AA and that MOST can't help gossiping...including myself..lol
    • Posted

Oops meant I was taking 2 of my children to Lanzarote
  • Posted

Re AA. I think you are strong misssy and I love that. I used to be strong, in my business. Eventually, once the alcohol took me, most of my staff took advantage and it destroyed me. 

AA ( apart from a couple of meetings) I could not cope with the gossips and bitches. I'm not sure I will ever go again. I don't really trust anyone, apart from family and a few friends that do not live near me. Everyone hated me, or felt sorry for me as I lived with mr marmite for 3 1/2 years..you love him ( women) or you hate him (men). 

Some how I have to move on, though he owes me money. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.