Treated BV now have a crazy itch

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I treated my BV with clindamycin the pills and it cleared up (or atleast i hope it did its been on and off for 5 years now). I started to feel an itch on the top of my vagina/ and see the thick creamy discharge on like the second to last day of the pills so i treated with monistat 3 and a diflucan but three days later and the itch still remains just as bad as the first day. I'm not sure if i should just treat again (I have another diflucan ) or if I should go back to the doctors. Any suggestions would be super appreciated

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Going through the same, was on gel 5 days metro, 3 days in bad itch ever since been on difflucan, or yeast cream but still itch. Been back and for to dr but says bv is gone. Im trying cream again on my own

• Posted

i would consult with your doctor on that

• Posted

Yeah, I think I'll go Monday. I'm fully expecting them to just say they dont see anything wrong though.

• Posted

given the fact uv tried to treat it at home an failed says to me that it may need something like fluconazole sometimes over the counter meds just dont cut it ...

• Posted

i avoided antibiotic tablets like the plague when i had bv as they cause mega yeast infections i used the clindamycin vaginal cream instead and it got rid of my bv after 4 years ... i had 3 over the counter meds and 5

days fluconazole to get rid of the yeast after metronidiazole it was a nightmare seems like the tablet form of antibiotic are worse than the internal

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.