Treating anxiety/depression??

Posted , 5 users are following.

I started off with a very bad case of the shakes tremors tears etc.. Gp gave me diazepam 2mg and then after a week with not a lot of sleep was prescribed mirtazapine.

Is it the case that depression comes from anxiety, as now I don't want to leave the house and feeling like I'm lost and very confused. I am due back to work in a weeks time I'm just hoping things get better...

Anyone with similar symptoms?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I am not a Dr. but have experience with diazepam (Valium) and remember having those same feelings. If you look at the possible side effects of diazepam, that may shed some light on your situation. As to mirtazapine, I take 30mg each night and sleep soundly 7+ hours. I believe an anxiety precipitates depression although I may be wrong as I am not a medical professional just someone currently being treated for Generalized Anxiety Disorder and depression.

Hope you find your way 

Be Well

• Posted

I agree with james. depression very often come together. mirt is prescribed for depression and anxiety. If you had tears that would probably means you had some depression. But I am no doctor either but being afraid to leave the house is not something to fool with.call your Dr right away and let him know what is going on.To tell you the truth sometimes I cant tell if I have anxiety or depression.   Wish you luck. 
  • Posted

hi, things will get better. I felt like this last year after loosing both my parents in a matter of months.  I could not eat, sleep, could not even sit still for 5 mins.  I went on pregablin for anxiety as this can be used long term  unlike Diazapam (I live in uk by the way).  Diazapam was given to me but only a short course as its very addictive. The pregablin calmed me down loads.  I then went on mirtrazapine 15mg.  This has been a life saver.  It helped me sleep and eat normally.  Ive been on both for 6/7 months.  I'm trying to come of mirtrazapine very slowly as worried about long term use. At moment though very happy with things. Just think of anxiety as a feeling its your body telling you to calm down.  It cant hurt you.  I do breathing excerises and even going for a walk helps with that awful sensation you get with being anxious. Welcome the sensation into your body.  Don't fight it. I just say hi anxiety, how r you doing to day? The symtoms do subside if you try not to think of being anxious.  Like I say its just your body telling you to try and stay calm and you get that feeling.  If you r able to get pregablin, it can really help with the symtoms of anxiety.  Hope what ive said helps.

• Posted

Hi, sorry you've had such a hard time, I know your right in what you say, it's trying not to give in to the anxiety, my problem is thinking too much about what can go wrong so I just shut myself away.

So today I have promised myself to take a short walk out, I have also not drove in a month so need to sort that out too!

I am going to see my Gp next week and will mention the pregablin.

I am also take 15mg of mirtazapine and have a propranolol in the morning which takes the edge off.

• Posted

Hi, u r going in right direction. I overthink things too which causes my anxiety. Im doing good but now think of what happens when I take all these meds long-term. Stupid I know. As thousands of people take them with no probs. I've always been the same though. I feel good like I say. Getting out in the car will do u good. Put some happy , loud music on and sing along, that helps. I've done this loads , think other drivers must think I'm mad or something when I pull up at junction singing away. It does help mind, so get singing. Good look with the mirt and hopefully the pregablin if u can get it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.