Treating Vasculitis-HSP with medical cannabis?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone ever used medical cannabis to help treat HSP in children???? My 13 year old nephew was diagnosed with a severe case of HSP and was recently released from a week stay at two different Hospitals in Arizona.  They have him on two different blood pressure medications (the Hsp caused him to have very high blood pressure) and told him he could take tylenol for the pain along with weekly urine tests and monitoring his blood pressure daily. However, since he's been home from the hospital (3 days now) he can't eat, the pain in his joints, muscles, and stomach has yet to diminish, and his rash has flared up again (ankles, thighs, back). He has zero appatitie and a lot of pain and discomfort.  I'm curious to seek out treatment that involves using medical maraijuana with less THC and more CBD, which i've been told is safe to give children (less of a high but helps relieve pain and nausea) and help get his appatite back. I know medical maraijuana is super contreversial, especially with children, but it seems steroids and pain medication from doctors has a long list of side effects and other problems.  

If anyone has ever tried medical maraijuana to treat HSP, please let me know. No doctor will ever talk about or advise us when it comes to outside remedies.......but i'm thinking outside the box, we need to get his appatite back and help lessen his pain.

Thank you!!!

Carley

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Carley - he needs to have a period of total rest.  Then he will need graded exercise therapy approach - look at some of my other posts about my daughter's rehabilitation.  The treatment may need to include steroids.  His kidneys are the main risk here and you don't want them working harder than they have to!  Out of interest, has he recently had a vaccine or suffered an infection (either viral or bacterial)?  My daughter developed this following the HPV jab - and it's important that any potential health risks are logged under the yellow card system for vaccine related conditions.
  • Posted

On the matter of cannabis - you should never do this without medical supervision - cannabis can trigger psychosis - and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
    • Posted

#1 Marijuana is a vasodialator, hence the bloodshot eyes when someone is "stoned".

#2 Any condition where constricted vessels are a symptom, should consider marijuana as a primary treatment. #3 more people smoke marijuana today than ever in history. If the connection between weed and schizophrenia is solid, then the number of people with schizophrenia should also be going up. But it hasn't. The fraction of people who have the disorder still hovers at around 1%.

It is just as if not more plausible that people who already experience psycosis are self medicating with marijuana than marijuana is causing psychosis (in people genetically predisposed). All supporting studies have significant flaws. I have known THOUSANDS of pot smokers over decades...not 1 has ended up in jail, hospital, dead for anything marijuana or psychosis related. ALWAYS GO NATURAL FIRST. Always make sure you have proven/ tested high quality product. Always smoke it first as eating it can cause an overdose THAT SUCKS... YES MENTALLY! Smoking hits you fast so you can dose accurately until a tolerance has built up, then start with VERY SMALL DOSES of edibles.

Again, overdosing on MJ won't kill you, but it will be mentally super uncomfortable for a couple hours.

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.