Treatment for crohns

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everybody, at the moment I think l am going through a flare which has been developing over a number of months but unlike the normal symptoms like stomach upset my discomfort has been gradually spreading all over my body with discomfort in all bones and joints. it is all around my rib cage and up and down my spine. As I have said many times before on this forum I suffered from Crohn for 53 yrs. Due to the on set of what I consider to be a flare I contacted my BID clinic and got an appointment around two months ago. I had the normal blood tests but this time he carried out a stool test and although the blood tests came back clear the stool sample showed border line infection and for that reason he has put m forward for my first colonoscopy which due on April 19th. but since my visit my symptoms have got worse. I thinking ofphoning 5he BID helpline which I have not done berfore, l am presuming that this gets you through to the BID nurse which I have not used before. Doing research on line I came across a recommended treatment I thought I would run this past you forum members to see if you have heard of it or even tried it and what your views are I ,would be grateful for your views. The treatment is "advanced tumeric" capsules

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi there,

I'm having similar symptoms to you. I'm 27 and I've only been diagnosed for 3 years but in the last year all my joints are being affected especially my shoulders and hips. I've had a steroid injection which was great at first but wore off after 2 months when i did a small amount of exercise. I have tried the "advanced tumeric" and its just expensive capsules filled with turmeric, its much cheaper and more effective to just drink a teaspoon of turmeric mixed with some water (it takes a bit of getting used to). I didn't think the capsules made any difference. But i'm going to start drinking turmeric again as i haven't for a while and see if it helps my joints. I have been advised to change my medication to one that treats crohns and 'arthritis'. Do you know anything about this? i've heard it has bad side effects.

Good luck with the colonoscopy I hope you find out what helps!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.