Treatment for H. pylori

Posted , 12 users are following.

I have H. Pylori and was prescribed triple therapy over 7 days, firstly with Amoxicillin/Lansoprazole/clarithromycin, which made me extremely ill after 3 days, and then I came out in a rash. Then the doctor prescribed Metronidazole/Lansoprazole/clarithromycin, and I managed that for a couple of days before becoming very ill, but didn't get a rash this time. I haven't been back since, since there doesn't seem to be any other choice, the bug is so difficult to get rid off.

Has anyone else found a successful alternative treatment that doesn't involve drinking something both disgusting and expensive? Or managed to get through the 7 days of triple therapy without feeling so ill you want to die?

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I am on day 2 of the triple therapy - I don't mind (so far) the treatment but am not looking forward to the gastroscopy . Has anyone got any advice about how to deal with it? Am really scared...
  • Posted

hello emmjay, my mother have pain for 1month and the doctor said she have a acute gastritis.. she take medicine for almost 2weeks from now. but still she feel the pain and bloated when she eat only four spoon of rice with soup.. is this a normal feeling having gastritis? please reply.. thank u

• Posted

I was diagnosed with H.Pylori on Feb 8. The intial treatment prescribed was Amoxicillin/Lansoprazole/clarithromycin, made me extremely ill after 3 days. I almost quit, but went to our hospital emergency room, as I was severely dehydrated with the vomiting and diarhoea caused by clarithromycin. 

I got a good doctor there who substituted clarithromycin with doxycycline. He also prescribed Ondanestron for the vomiting. Ive followed this for a day and a half, and am now back to normal. I still have to be on these meds for 9 days more, and I am confident I will be able to. The total treatment is for 14 days

• Posted

Hello there

I was diagnosed with this nasty bacteria the same day as you. I was on a 14 day regimen as well 7 pills a day. Have you gone back to retest yet?? I don't go back until March 29 to retest again. I'm calling g I Dr to start on probiotic tomorrow if he says that's fine. I hope you're doing well

• Posted

How are you doing, I just finished my last pill yesterday, 14 days worth of pills
    • Posted

Hi

How u feeling now, am on my third day of triple treatement and am going back on march 28 the antibiotics are really tough but I will keep taking 11 more days to go

So I would like to know how u feeling

• Posted

Lots of gas, belching and burping, keeping me awake at night. Doc has put me on pantoprazole, while further investigations i.e. endoscopy, gastroscopy, and barium x-ray have been scheduled. Feeling better, though have become lactose intolerant, and have to eat gluten-free stuff
    • Posted

please reply to merlin07878..keep up with the antibiotics. I also take probiotics regularly, and drink a lot of kefit (available in your grocery stores)
    • Posted

I'm belching and gasey myself but I'm fine , im done taking all medicines. I have started on 50 million women probiotic from garden life on Amazon also I drink aloe Vera juice 2 ounces a day in my water. I go to retest on March 29, so I hope everything's good. I notice as well my bowel are moving aloe better. Hoping the best for on your upcoming tests

• Posted

I'm doing well actually, just wanting to get over this already. I'm done with the medicine, started on aloe Vera juice as well as 50 million probiotic for women. So far so good, I go retest on March 29,

• Posted

Thanks for the reply

I start taking probiotic when I start having diarrhea the first day of triple treatement.

• Posted

Thanks for reply

I also start taking the antibiotics with probiotic on the second of the treatment but I take them 3 to 4 hours apart so the don't interfere.

May god take this pain from all of us

Thanks again and let's keep updating about how we feeling, what we taking.

• Posted

How did it go? How are u feeling now? Did the antibiotics help?
  • Posted

I went to my primary dr for blood work all my levels were good, kidneys and liver. I go to gastro Dr March 29 to retest. My husband is going to test as well just as a precaution because you can get it from kissing supposedly. I do feel so much better now that I'm done taking 14 days worth of pills

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.