Posted , 6 users are following.
My boyfriend has had severe stomach cramps and diarrhoea intermittently for the past year and a half and the situation is becoming intolerable.
The symptoms are:
- Extremely severe abdominal cramps, he describes the location as "from tummy button to bum".
- [GROSSNESS WARNING] Orange diarrhoea
He gets the symptoms very quickly after eating, before the food has even been digested he reckons. It is literally incapacitating at times, and it is making it hard to lead a normal life.
His doctor says he has IBS, and has prescribed him:
- loperamide: used to work 1 tablet every fewdays, now taking several a day for any effect
- peppermint oil: no effect
- mebeverine: no effect
- alverine: no effect
- lansoprazole: virtually eliminated heartburn
- co-codamol: initially effective, but reduced effectiveness over time and side effects included drowsiness and nausea.
He had a endoscopy and biopsies taken and they say nothing appeared abnormal. (Intestines apparently in "perfect condition" )
My only suggestion is that he has an intolerance to some kind of food, but the doctor has not referred him for tests, and the specialist said that there was no conclusive link between diet and symptoms of IBS. He is prescribed tablets instead.
I'm getting desperate... Any suggestions (including reliable health forums) gratefully received.
0 likes, 5 replies