Treatment for uti but still have urgency and soreness

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had a UTI about 2 1/2 weeks ago, and the burning is gone for the most part, but there is still a lot of urgency and also soreness and pain in the bladder area. Is this normal? And is there any thing I can do about the urgency, for example exercises?  It gets worse and night... Thank you for your help in response.  

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

In my opinion, continuing pain isn't normal.  You could still have an infection.  Did they culture your urine and tell you what bacteria you had?  Also, what medication were you given and how long? If the overgrowth of the bacteria that's causing your infection wasn't lessened, the bacteria in your bladder could still be out of balance.    

I would suggest that you drink about 2 liters of water a day, to flush out your bladder. Also, start taking a women's probiotic that provides cultures for your urinary tract, as well as your gut and vagina.

Please let me know how you get on!

Kegel exercises might be suggested to you.  But they won't work if your bacteria's out of balance.     

• Posted

Hi Lynda, 

First I was on Macrobid, 3days only, 2nd they started me on bacterium, 5 days!  Next 10 days of Doxycycline Cyclate and it FINALLY took burn away. Thank God.  So it’s not really pain, but that urgency feeling that’s very uncomfortable. I was also given fluconozole for yeast overgrowth,  just in case I suppose. I took 3 of those for 3 days.  I wasn’t given the results of what type of bacteria, but I’m suppose to see a urologist on the 12th.  It can’t get here soon enough!!!  Thank you for responding 

• Posted

You're welcome.  No wonder you're having problems with constipation. The different types and combinations probably did a number on the bacteria in your body. 

If you have a good, healthy balance of bacteria, then your symptoms should improve.  Best, to you.  And, please let me know how your appointment with the urologist goes.  xx

• Posted

Hi Audrey,

Sorry to hear that you are suffering. My daughter recently had the exact same thing. It turned out to be yeast overgrowth due to the antibiotics. She took some fluconusole prescribed by the GP and is feeling much better now. 

Hope you feel better soon. Xx

• Posted

I think I will get some suppositories.  I think that might be it.  Thank you so much!!
    • Posted

Did you have any constipation or diarrhea with so many antibiotics ?  That's what happened to me. 

• Posted

Yes!!! Me too!  Constipation right now.  Going to Target for a stool softener as we speak.  Also Going to get Monostat because I think I need something for yeast infection.  At least the burning is Almost gone!
  • Posted

Sadly with these awful uti’s, it’s a process of elimination. Also once you get rid of the uti, if you don’t get rid of the yeast overgrowth, then the inflammation can go back into infection. It becomes a vicious circle. Like the other lady said, a good probiotic is essential after antibiotics. Hope all goes well. Keep us all posted. Take care. X
    • Posted

I wonder if that’s why after taking 3 Advil yesterday I started feeling better?  Things are finally calming down as far as urgency.  I am going to continue with the probiotic and fluconozole.  I hope this solves the issues.  Thank you for your help!!
  • Posted

I’m really hopeful that it will solve your problem Audrey. If anyone struggles with taking fluconusole, the herbal alternative is mycopryl. All the best. 

Sam  xx

• Posted

Aww perfect!  I’ve also taken D’Mannose and coconut oil.  It seems to help!  Thank you! 👍🏻

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.