Treatment ideas for severe intercostal neuralgia?

Posted , 2 users are following.

It’s been a month and a half now. I have a pain in my left chest right below breast. It’s a spot that it’s sore when prest. When I inhale it hurts a lot and also along the rib. It hurts like hell when I sneeze or cough. It started and got worse with a cough. I don’t cough anymore. I was in hospital, I did all the tests, X-ray ... everything is ok. It does not go away with painkillers. All they could find was a pleurisy (something minor, not liquid or things like that) but told me that it was not responsible for the pain. The final diagnosis was intercostal neuralgia and doctors here won’t do anything about it. It’s a severe pain that puts me on bed laing on my back after only a sneeze . Please help with a doctor recommendation or option of treatment. 

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have had this same excruciating pain.. It wakes me up at night. Mine has been going on for ever a year. I lost 30 pounds because when I would TRY and eat even one bite of food it would send me into the worst pain. Like someone is stabbing me with a knife in my stomach to my back. After 4 epidurals for my T10-T11 area it's still painful. Do painful I'd rather be stabbed with an actual knife or shot. I'm 31 and nobody can figure out how to stop this . It now feels like a ring around not whole body. Pain killers like percocet dont work. I feel l ohh ke I'm being robbed of life. I also need help, I cant take this excruciating pain anymore.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.