Posted , 3 users are following.
Patient is my sister.
Her medical history is as follows:
- Normal Birth , jaundice after two days which stayed for 15-20 days
- Chest congestion also from 1-3 months
- Gained weight very slowly plus whole body had water blisters. Homeopathic medicine Calendox was a relief.
- Health got better in 4-5th month and started walking in the 11th month
- While walking, right foot and shoulder were slightly imbalanced but were not significantly noticeable , left eye stayed half open
We felt that something is wrong with her at the age of 12, when she started having very short term memory and her learning progress declined significantly.
- She suddenly had high fever accompanied with diarrhea.
- While walking she had no awareness of her feet placement.
- ECG and CT scan was done and reports were not okay.
- Her legs were affected initially then her brain.
- Allopathic doctors said that she will finish within 6 months therefore started homeopathic treatment but that could not fix her legs. Every year in summers the condition worsened and got stable in winters. After two years at the age of 14, she had her first seizures which were very severe. These were controlled with Rivotril. Also taking Cobolmin. It has been 5 years since these medicines have been started.
- During severe condition days whole body used to have infection which has black wound like spots all over the body starting from toe to face. Along with blisters which used to turn black and dissolve in the skin.
- Faced sleeping disorders in which she either used to sleep a lot or wont sleep for two days straight
- Even lost speech during severe conditions
- Seizures have stopped completely.
- Usually gets hyper.
- Height has increased a lot. Currently she is 5 ft 8 inches.
- Walks difficultly with the help of walker
- Brain has stopped at a certain level and is not developed as per her age.
- Has difficulty in speaking complete sentences with clarity.
- Feet has developed contractures due to lack of any physiotherapy.
- Physiotherapy started two months, however therapist says that now it will only show 10-20% progress since the contractures have majorly developed and she is almost 21 years old now.
- Ankle foot Orthotics and knee immobilizer are also made to worn approximately 4-5 hours a day.
Need the best possible diagnosis for her contractures so that she is atleast able to do her work on her own.
0 likes, 5 replies