Treatment of hydrocele by injection of Phenol or Polidocanol

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have heard that there is a way that hydrocele testis can simply cured by injecting a drug into a scrotum without any surgery.

There are some medical literatures in Google. 

Those drug types are Phenol, Polidocanol, Tetracycline 

Tetracycline can be excluded because there is a high possibility of inducing a side effect of a severe pain depending upon a person. 

But Phenol shows a higher cure rate without a side effect like a pain.

This treatment is not widely known.

There are not many informations about the hospital that is implementing this therapy and the patients that are cured. 

In case that the person who knows about this treatment and treated as such, please kindly reply to me.

Below addresses is about Phenol treatment.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12576845

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12262-009-0006-7

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Well glad to see your topic on Hydrocele and cure by Phenol etc.  Well, when I was 27 years old,  at New Delhi one Doctor at New Delhi used similar remedy and removed fluid fs one of the Indian Doctor's clinic as he is also a surgeon.  I do not know the remedial medicine used by him but within 15 minutes I did  leave his clinic and wen to to mny office.  But I do not have his address etc. If he is alive he will be around 114 years old.  There is possibility of similar treatment to cure hydrocele.

hk money

• Posted

So you are cured by injection. What year did you go to the clinic?

Is this treatment generally known well and used widely in India?

• Posted

Hi! greentree

I went in to the clinic in 1966 summer time April-May at Cannaught Circus a great shopping mall in New Delhi.  Normally I used bicycle to go to this place since the doctor used syringe to remove fluid from sac, he advised me not to use cycle.  No pain nor any difficulty.  In 1966 the doctor is well known to have done syringing fluid from hydrocele sac and he was successful.  Since I am a traveller and after 1967 I never went to him.  I came to Bombay worked with Max Factor India.  Then there was a company surgeon who adopted surgery to remove fluid from sac.  Though this surgery took 5 days for me to recover for surgery took about an hour but he kept me in hospital for 5 days.  I later on tried to contact the same doctor in New Delhi Cannaught Circus, but could not get him on line.  Similar treatment is done in North India and Punjab by doctors to cure hydrocele.  I will try to find out if still they continue imilar treatment 

hk money

• Posted

This is for you: Aspiration w/sclerothrapy is the best first-line treatment. Look studies up online and decide for yourself.. Less risky than surgery in every way. This is for others who will stumble across these posts: I spent a year researching this treatment with studies from around the world. It is a no-brainer. Just had sclerotherapy done with 3% Phenol a few days ago. For those of you in the western US, try Dennis Mitchell PA at St George Urology in St George, UT. He did a great job. Don't know if it worked yet but to have a 60-70% chance of getting rid of this thing first try based on studies. Being out of only a few hundred bucks, no pain, and going about my regular activities same day, it was so worth it. He said he has had success with this treatment in the past with similar success as in the studies. Another guy who'll do it is Dr Adams in Cedar City, UT. My wife spoke with his office and he said the one time he did it, the guy was in pain for a few days but the hydrocele didn't come back. It's a waiting game for me but had such a good experience I'd do it again. Have follow up appointment scheduled in January. Good luck everyone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.