Treatment resistant depression

Posted , 11 users are following.

has anyone been diagnosed with this. searching for experiences.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ann

Yes, I'm classified as treatment resistant.

My experience so far is that they just keep chucking different combinations of drugs at me and every time another combination fails I lose a little bit more hope. It's a horrible place to be.

• Posted

thank you fir your reply. it is a horrible place to be and its gone on too long i feel. same as you i have had drugs then more drugs thrown at me, also £2000 worth of cbt as nhs could not provide and still no answer. i am losing hope like you.

where do we go from here. i have heard good reports of TMS which is private but dont know anyone who has tried it.

i dont know about you but how do you manage your days like this?

• Posted

hi anne yes i have and so has my father.my father is 78 and due to start ect on Tuesday ,is this something you have had tried x

• Posted

no, dr has not suggested it yet. i hope it helps, perhaps you will let us know.

• Posted

Yes, I've heard good reports about TMS too. Also ketamine but it's probably going to be another couple of years before it's available here.

On the bad days I stay in bed and try to sleep through it. It's the safest place for me to be as my thoughts get very scary. I honestly don't know how much longer I can live like this.

• Posted

i have done research and TMS is available in six clinics in uk. i am very interested as anti depressant medications do not seem to work for whatever is wrong with my anxiety and depression. please let me know if you find any more about this new treatment

• Posted

Please let me no how you get on, as I have been thinking of trying it

• Posted

**ye, I go through it as well, it's our hearts that need changing - more focus on others less on us - a nightmare but at least practice it. Humble yourself and work continually being content with very little in life. Even then a struggle, A lot of carers have big mental health problems as they largely give Their lives up

• Posted

i am agitated and finding it hard to be content with what i have in life. i am too agitated to help,others i can hardly help my family. i cant cook, clean or garden anymore as concentration has gone. i would love to do these things if i could

• Posted

For me, I usually try to make myself think more positive. Try some apknite mediation music too. Read some motivation books.

• Posted

but have you tried dark chocolate? Please don't if you're lactose intolerance. If you aren't then you only need 4/6 squares a day to really take the edge of depression and anyway there's never an excuse needed to eat chocolate regardless. I wish you luck, with all seriousness, it sounds like a terribly dark place to be.

• Posted

Hi,

If you have been treated for depression but your symptoms haven't improved, you may have treatment-resistant depression.In this case, you need to visit a psychiatrist.

Thanks.

• Posted

yes im afraid five years on, many antidepresants later, still no better. maybe even worse. psychiatrist says its anxiety. diazepam daily. still no better. hes flummoxed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.