Treats

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone has a treat at any point? I don't want to go down the road of having a treat and not having a tablet but.....I have been on the tablets 24 days and I am craving everything, when I go to the shop instead of looking at all I can have im looking at all the bad things I can't have, I have not had a day where I haven't had three tablets and im so glad I haven't cheated but I don't want to give up because I'm craving rubbish. what does anyone else do?

Kate  xx

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

You can still have treats within the rules. I never had any even within 5g for about 9 months into it but yes there is things you can have x
    • Posted

Hello Britney! We've had my step daughter this weekend, shes had chocolate and pizza, I think I drooled more than my boxer dog! weekends always put me out of sync. I can't wait to try the onion baji recipe from you blog. Xx
    • Posted

Hi Kate,  well done for resisting i know it can be hard at first but believe me soon you won't even crave those tthings anymore! aww thankyou let me know how it turns out.

Not sure if you like frozen yogurt but the yoomoo one is lovely and only 1.2/1.5g fat per 100 and tastes better than ice cream £2 at Sainsbury's atm i have mine with mini meringues my version of an Eton Mess xx

• Posted

That sounds amazing, ive not had a chance to shop this week and so I've been eating a lot of veg from my allotment, alot of courgettes, onions, tomato based sauces with pasta, you know when you think to yourself....I just want something nice! I can have nice things I just haven't got any in my cupboards this week. Xx
    • Posted

That sounds lovely and all very healthy! I know what you mean sometimes when there is nothing low fat around you do think shall i have a biscuit etc but you know you can't because you know what will happen no cake etc is worth those side effects! I would suggest buying dounle etc of any low fat/fat free treats so that you always have something and lets be honest fruit can sometimes be a bit boring it's nice to be able to have something else which doesn't make you feel like your on a diet.

I used to hate marshmallow and wafers now i love those Pink and Whites they are 0.2 per 100g i know not everyone will like them but i do xx

• Posted

Oh wow! I forgot about those little gems, I used to have them when I was following rosemary conley. The trouble is g have to watch myself because I can go overboard and eat a whole packet of anything once it's open! I still struggle with portion control, although my food is less than 5% I can still over indulge. Xx
  • Posted

I made low fat pancakes. They were lovely but they were high in calories so I wont be making for a long time.

made with buttermilk

• Posted

im changing my thinking.when i think of roast potatoes i dont think yum i think fat and cholesterol.im now in this for the long term of healthy eating.if i have one treat more follow then its ok in my mind.i could never have one cigarette when i used to smoke.i cant personally speaking have treats because im an all or nothing person.we are all different.its just who i was.
    • Posted

I am the same, when I did weight watchers and slimming world I would by their products, crisps, chocolate bars and so on from group, I would have one on the way home and before I knew it I would have mindlessly eaten the whole box. Just writing that has made me realise... I was a mindless eater, I  never thought about my food, or enjoyed it, I just ate until I physically couldn't fit anymore in! The pills are making me change my attitude towards food, Ihave always struggled with portion control and possibly i still am, although it's low fat I'm not sure  if that matters if it's low fat, i suppose it does for calorie value? i'm going to take it one day at a time, it doesn't matter what I did yesterday or tomorrow I'll just concentrate on today. i quit drinking six years ago and smoking one year ago, food is definitely the hardest habit to break, hopefully the tablets will continue to help. 

Kate xx

• Posted

Re the roast potatoes - I occasionally do a FryLight version for a treat. Peel a potato, slice it thickly (like for sauté potatoes), bring it to the boil. Spray a non stick tray with Fry Light, drain the potatoes very dry and sprinkle with sea salt. Spread out on the tray and put in a hot oven, spray the top surface with Fry Light, cook till brown and turn over till they are nice and brown on both sides. Yummy!
  • Posted

stick with it kate.your not alone we are all in it together.i wanted a cigarette today and last night.i just close my eyes and remember all the wheezing,coughing and it puts me off.as for food i do the same.i remember that im eating to live not living to eat,especially rubbish foods.also cravings dont last too long.i sit them out and sometimes say out loud "go away im not interested" it works.keep us posted.best wishes chris.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.