TRELEGY ELLIPTA

Posted , 6 users are following.

I HAVE BEEN ON TRELEGY ELLIPATA FOR THE PAST FEW MONTHS WHEN MY BREATHING WAS GETTING WORSE. I WAS TOLD IT WOULD BE MUCH BETTER AS HAD THE STERIOD IN IT BUT I REALLY DONT FEEL IT WORKING AS GOOD AS THEY SAID AS AFTER I TAKE IT IN THE MORNING I FEEL NO BETTER THAN I WAS. ALSO I DONT KNOW IF IT IS CONNECTED BUT I FEEL LIKE IM FALLING TO BITS WITH SO MUCH JOINT PAIN IN SHOULDER, WRIST, BACK, LEG AND REALLY BAD KNEE PAIN. THIS HAS BEEN GETTING ME REALLY DOWN AS I CANT DO SO MUCH NOW AS BEFORE AND WAS CURIOUS IF ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS WHILE ON IT. MAYBE ITS JUST ME BUT PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE.

THANK YOU

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

I was really relieved to read your post! (sorry about that lol) I also was put on Trelogy a few months ago, I started to feel quite unwell and my breathing much worse. Unfortunately I was in Spain so couldn't really do anything, I took 2 lots of my "rescue pack, predisolone and antibiotics) Eventually home even more unwell I managed to see a doctor, he immediately put me on double strength Predisolone again for a month!! (can't sleep more than 3 hours while on them!)

He has recommended I go on TRIMBOW which is supposed to be much easier to inhale. Fingers crossed. Oh yes, I have also had dreadful neck and back ache, not a nice past few months! Maybe ask you practice Nurse to put you on TRIMBOW? hope you feel better soon.

• Edited

Hi gatita I was on 5 day dose of prednisilone nearly every month for a long time I was put on trimbow at start of November last year and I have not had a steroid since. Its been a complete game changer for me I still get out of breath easy when bending or walking uphill but the difference is like night and day. I don't know about you but I have to use it through an aero chamber and the consultant told me to breath it in as quick and deep as you can. Hope it helps you to.

• Posted

I've tried Anoro Ellipta, Trimbow and Trelegy Ellipta in the past two years after I was told that Seretide + Tiotropium was discouraged because "Seretide can cause pneumonia".

None of the new three-combination inhalers suited me. Anoro Ellipta left me tired, Trimbow gave me urinary tract infections and Trelegy Ellipta wasn't as good as my old treatment.

I am now back on Seretide and Tiotropium (Braltus rather than Spireva because of the cost to the NHS as far as I know).

I'm feeling much more in control of my COPD now and so am a lot happier than I have been over the last two years.

Regards.

• Posted

Not to discount other post, but have you ever tried a nebulizer. Your Dr. can custom tailor the med that you use in it and you can receive smaller doses at more times during the day. Along with a rescue inhaler, it may be the answer to strong doses once or twice a day. This is however a discussion that you should be having with your Dr.

We're glad to have you post with us and look forward to more in the future.

• Posted

Hey Margaret, i was hoping that they got you on the right inhaler by now and am sorry to hear otherwise. As far as I can tell, docs have no way to know which one works best for any given patient til we try them.

Call or go in to see whoever put you on the Trelegy & let them know that it's not helping & has made you feel awful. Ask for something else. The sooner you do this, the sooner you may feel better.

• Posted

Thank you to all that replied I am going to doctor on Wednesday so will mention it to him i really want to know about all the joint pain in my knee mostly I guess i should see my nurse that put me on the Trelegy inhaler as well though just to say i do not feel the help with it after use. Thing is i have not had another flare up since so do not know if i should mention it as if i go on another one to breath bit better after use it may not help i dont know really

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.