Trembling fingers.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies.  I'm not sure if this is caused by my insomnia or some underlying illness but my fingers are trembling.  It's quite worrying as I've also become clumsy.  Sometimes I experience internal tremors and a feeling of weakness.  These symptoms come and go and I was advised to stop stressing.  My doctor doesn't seem to understand that the tremors and the "not knowing" is worrying me.  I wasn't worried before this happened.  I was advised to use multivitamins and extra vitamin D3 tablets so I can't understand why I'm still experiencing these problems.  Does anyone else suffer with this and is it part of peri menopause?  

Thank you.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes ! Yes! Yes! My fingers are shaking now as I hold my phone which cause my phone is vibrating from the shaking. Mine seem to be worse in the morning along with the inside tremor. Though i can't see the tremor but I can feel it . I can actually see the tremor in my stomach. This is a crazy feeling it makes feel like screaming. I don't think it has to do with stress all the time because I wake up this way although stress tends to worsen it and also it is worsen before and after period. I'm guessing it's peri because I had none of these symptons until peri hit. I just want it all to just go away. I feel like I'm literally disconnected and no one around me understand but thanks to this forum.

• Posted

Hi Faz

Please check you thyroid hormone labels . 

Best wishes 

• Posted

Faz, insomnia disorients your body because it's lacking sleep. Insomnia even distorts our perception. When my insomnia was bad I had tremors in a my body and trembling in my hands. The trembling would come & go. This lasted about a year.

Is it a symptom of Peri? indirectly it could be. Worrying makes it worse. Get some sleep, I know it's not easy, but try. Good luck.

• Posted

Shaking trembling and internal and external tremors are part of menopause. Lots of women get them and there are so many posts on here about it if you look through so i wouldnt worry. Mine got so bad it was 24/7 for 6 months so i had to go on meds to calm it own as i couldnt function.  Its neurological and caused by imbalances of things like serotonin  in the brain. Our brains take a while to adjust to the constant changes with hormones. It can also be linked to increased adrenaline and cortisol  which is also happens at this time, this also caused the feelings of being stressed out/twitchy jittery   unable to concentrate and things like clumsiness . Its all part of it and does settle with time.. then it tends to come and go but is less of an issue. If you have had tests/blood pressure etc and your doctor is happy i wouldnt worry.. even though anxiety and worry is also part of Peri.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.