tremors

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I have been experiencing awful tremors with my Fibro anyone else get this??

L x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I experience night tremors at times Linda. Especially if I have stressful periods. Is yours at night or in the day? For me it is an internal tremor. It wakes me up. 

Maggie 

• Posted

I get it at night time Maggie, but also during the day in my right hand when I am trying to do things.

Linda 

• Posted

It could very well be your meds doing that Linda. With me it can be related to caffeine, too much salt, or I have done too much. It becomes too stimulating and as a result, I have those tremors in the night. If you have seen your doctor and your tests are normal, I would not worry too much about it, although it can be annoying.  Just cope the best you can with it my dear. xx
  • Posted

Poor you Linda, feeling for you...mine was at rest too  and due to certain medications..dr said it was usual...not for me though..scary..hope you have a lovely day, be blessed..😘😘

• Posted

I have really bad tremors. My husband can feel my body shaking when I'm cuddling with him. It feels like every muscle in my buddy is spasming at once. It's so hard to explain. I seem to notice it mostly at night. My legs shake at night when I go to bed so bad that they actually start hurting. 

• Posted

Poor you Aliciam, I'm so sorry to hear of your issues, but I would suggest checking the side effects first of all your medication even the natural ones. Unfortunately muscle cramps and spasms are just part of it..but you do have it bad I think, hope you get some relief soon, be blessed and have a lovely day.💐😍

• Posted

Linda, I experience tremors in my right hand and both legs, usually at rest. They only occur when pain levels are bad, my GP reckoned they were pain induced rather than medication side effects, and I was then investigated by a neurologist who agreed with her. Not much in the way of helpful suggestion I'm afraid. I do sometimes find that finding the right position to rest the limb in is helpful. Other times it's just carried on for hours no matter what I do. Feeling for you!

• Posted

Hello Linda

I don't know if they are tremors , but I do experience muscle spasms in random places at random times.  Restless legs almost every night. And knee pain so sharp it woke me up. I cried and went over to my daughters room. She jumped out of bed and asked if she needed to take me to he emergency room. I really hope we can find a way to live a normal life. 

• Posted

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your thoughts , I have been seen by a neurologist who seems to think it is probably Parkinson's and has put me on a low dose medications and said if it doesn't work then they will know its not Parkinsons,!!!!!!! but I am not so sure and neither is the Parkinson's community nurse she thinks it is pain related and is called benign essential tremor. especially as I am on no pain relief at all for my fibro as they can't find one I can tolerate, the pain in the bottom of my spine radiates across into both hips and down both legs to my feet and some days is unbearable.

Doesn't help I suppose that I also have Paroxymal atrial fibrilation, and a long term bladder condition and have to self catheterise 5 times daily, My estrogen levels have just been found to be very low which can also cause many of the things I have mentioned so they have given me Estrogen pessaries hopefully they will give me some relief.

Thanks for being there I don't know what I would do sometimes without all you lovely people.

L xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.