Tremors as a side effect?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’m day 4 taking 25mg twice daily pregablin alongside my 20mg citalopram. Anyone experience tremors early days of pregabalin? Not sure if it’s my anxiety or a side effect.. thanks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, yes this can be a side effect if you are sensitive to Pregabalin. You are on a relatively low dose of 100mg total daily, but this can cause tremors and jerks. As far as I know, Citalopram isn't known to cause these but it is possible if they are given together I suppose. If you are not happy being on Pregabalin (especially if it has been given for Anxiety), it might be best if you taper off this drug. How long have you been taking it may I ask? It is important that you do not suddenly stop taking it as this can cause seizures. Please read the leaflet that accompanies it. I have no idea why it is given for Anxiety as a common side effect is that it actually causes Anxiety, but it is given out off label for so many things now.  I am currently tapering off Pregabalin from 200mg daily and I have to tell you that it is a very hard drug to come off. Withdrawals differ between patients but can be quite awful. Perhaps if you feel you can tell me why and how long you have been taking it, I am sure I can help you further. Pregabalin changes the brain chemistry and central nervous system within one week of starting it and the body quickly becomes dependent on it. I'm afraid very few GP's or Consultants will tell you this as they seem to think it is the new wonder drug that cures all. This is not the case! New studies are showing that it is possible it is causing Dementia, certainly many patients including myself have gone through brain fog, loss of memory, loss of language, balance and eye issues, excessive sleeping or insomnia and the list goes on. It also stops the brain forming new synapses which are essential to the health of our brains. Please do some research on this for yourself and if, and only if, you decide you no longer wish to take it please post again and I will try to help you further. All the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.