tremour experience

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been prescribed this treatment for the prevention of tremours, which I have been experiencing for approximately 7 months now. It startyed in my hand and has since spread through my arm and leg which can tremble noticably but only ever on the right hand side of my body. I am 38 years old and have found this drug has started to help, I have been taking it for approximately 5 weeks and have just had the dosed increased to 160mg. If anyone else has the same experience/treatment i would be pleased to know - this has been an upsetting time and i have had many other bllod tests to try and diagnose this problem. :roll:

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey, iv just been prescribed for a tremor brought on by anxiety. Some of the guys may have gone to the Dr a lot sooner than me i guess because my physical symptoms of the problem are this; imagine you are having a haircut or drinking alcohol or waiting for change in a shop and suddendly your head starts to shake due to the back of the neck shaking. This is both extremely embarrassing and can lead to social exclusion and panic attacks in itself.

So far 4 days in ive noticed an extreme improvement in my calmness and I believe it has more improvement to come.. I have had headaches upon awakening for 8 years and im only 21, this has got rid of them yesterday and today, WEIRD! (I never went to doctor about this, just thought everyone wakes up feeling sh*t)

I think it will be effective so far as in your symptoms are brought about perhaps by high blood pressure, hard pumping heart or in my case; body releasing uncontrollable amounts of adrenaline!! To my knowledge it wont necessarily work solely on the brain, it effects the signals from your brain to your heart.

Hope this helps!

• Posted

Morning

These tablets have been a life saver for me! I was prescribed then last Friday after trying citalopram for anxiety which only made the anxiety worse and not better.

Since taking Propranolol I have been able to go about everyday tasks which I couldn't do before.

I might even be developing a spring in my step :shock:

Anyone suffering from anxiety I would certainly recommend they ask their doctor about these tablets.

Melbi x

• Posted

Got them last week and feeling better than for ages, but I think as they are 40mg it's a low dose. I have been experiencing horrible symptoms of fear of the world and worry that causes my heart to beat really hard. Lots of heavy things going on in my life (debt, very ill loved one with cancer, change of job) that have sapped my confidence, and I knew I would not pass my exams last week without help, I couldn't even read my revision I was so panicked.

They have helped and I am grateful.

• Posted

All of your positive experiences with this drug fills me with hope. I've been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for around 3 years now, I was prescribed cipralex (escitalopram oxilate) a few years ago and was taking that for one and half years, it didn't help with the anxiety but it made me slightly happier, a bit chubbier and made it slightly for me to achieve full arousal. Needless to say I could do without two of those side effects.

Today my Dr precribed Propranolol and I'm looking forward to feeling a bit better and able to go about my daily tasks without the fear of having 'head-shakey disorder' or panicking!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.