Trendelburgh gait

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi 

I had my right hip replaced 12 weeks ago ,but still having problems walking without my sticks as I have a really bad trendelburgh

Any one else have this problem and have managed to correct it with exercise / physio 

would love to hear from you . 

With best wishes fellow hippies 😀

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi suzie

I had the same issue... I limped badly for 6 months!

I found the best thing to do is to really build up the muscles (glutes mainly for me). My physio told me that if some muscles are weak then others are working harder than they should so the weak ones miss out on working/rebuilding. You've got to really concentrate on the muscles that aren't strong enough yet. Once they are bigger & better then they others will release enough to let the smaller ones work properly.

My physio also massaged my scar tissue to assist pain relief/healing & did some acupuncture to stimulate blood flow and healing.

But mainly the muscle rebuilding is down to you

Also put a wheat bag on every night whilst relaxing to stimulate blood flow and scar tissue healing

As we speak I am having a coffee while clenching my glutes... what a treat for Costa!

Hope some of this helps

Good luck

Jez

• Posted

I just looked it up..It looks like it can be remedied with a lot of physical therapy.I am sorry you have experienced this.??🌸

• Posted

Hi . Yes I have this and have paid for hydrotherapy which is really good in building up the muscles that are weak. The physio tells me I have to learn to walk again. Ask your physio about hydrotherapy although I dont think you can get it on NHS.
  • Posted

I had it - build up those muscles.  I also found some (quite expensive) othotic inserts in my shoes helped considerably too.   I'll try to find out exactly what they were.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.