TRHR done today

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all I've posted a few times on this. I am 18 years old and I've been waiting for my both hips to get replacement for 8 years now. Today I got my right hip replacement, I never had any drips or that in, my leg/ hip are a weird feeling my doctor said he wanted me up tomorrow!. How long are you on crutches for?

Thanks Megan x

0 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am glad you are up!  great news, you sound much better!  May I ask what type of sedation? General or spinal?
    • Posted

Ive took a few steps and now sitting on a chair. I had general

Megan x

• Posted

ohhhh that would explain your belly not feeling so good, hang in there each day I am sure you will feel much better! <3 

• Posted

hi Megan,

checking in with you to let you know that I am thinking of you. .

I remember the first post-op day,the 1st steps with new hip,sitting in a chair ..

no time to doze. ...

wishing you a good night

angel blessings

renee 💙

• Posted

you are such a dear kind heart Renee!!  ( Hope the day is progressing well Megan??) Thinking of you!
    • Posted

Hi Renne , thank-you I've been sick quite a lot but I've been on my feet too.

Thanks

Megan x

• Posted

Hi Megan -- It sounds like you're doing well -- sitting up in a chair and walking some.    I got sick a number of times, too.  No fun.  But it didn't last long.  My surgery was on a Friday and I went home on the Sunday.  And I was never sick after I got home.          I've used walkers mostly.  A two-wheeled one inside and then a 4-wheeled one outside.  And a cane.  I've used a single crutch a few times.....doesn't work as well on the carpet in my home though.  Everyone seems to figure out what works best for them.  My main focus was to not limp and that's why I've used the walkers for so long.  Best of luck to you == will be interesting following your progress (I'm 5.5 weeks post-op)/. Hugs, Leslie

• Posted

I am so sorry Megan .... did you have a decent night?  were you able to eat anything? 

feel better soon 

thinking of you

angel blessings 

renee

• Posted

Hi there, I was sick 3 times yesterday brought everything up which was annoying I think it's the morpine they are given me. I had my surgery on Monday and I am still in I can walking with a walking frame they want me to put me on crutches before I go anywhere. Glad your recovery is going well!!

Hope your rest of your recovery goes well too!

Thanks

Megan x

• Posted

Hi renee

My night wasn't to bad keep walking up during the night. I've not had anything as I keep bringing everything up I had dinner last night but I brought that up.

Thank-you renee X

• Posted

Hi Megan.

Hope you feel better soon, getting out of hospital is a box ticking excersize once you tick the boxes you can go. I'm guessing you are going out to a house with stairs? Which will be why they want you on crutches, so you can get upstairs. Think you might be out today.

Good luck with your recovery

Graham

• Posted

Hi graham

Thank-you, yeah I've got two stairs going into my house. I don't think I'll be out today been sick a lot yesterday But thank-you for the support and advice

Megan x

• Posted

Hi Megan,

I hope your stomach has finally setled and your pain is under control. I use my phone to set up alet's for my pain schedule and this helped me keep ahead of the pain - esp during the first two weeks. I was very nauseous (but not as sick as you) until the anaesthetic left my system. And after I had little appetite for quite a while. This is a real challenge because our bodies really need extra protein and several minerals also get depleted easily. My doctor suggested trying protein shakes and supplements until things regularized and this helped me.

Hang in there - it really does get easier soon. The first week was definitely the hardest for me then I started to see improvements and that helped motivate me. Iit really helped me to chart my progress with exercises and activities - even the smallest improvement seemed a 'win'! Warm hugs,

L

• Posted

PS . I am 5 months post surgery and walking well and back to most activities and my surge on just gAve me a date for my secondolences hip to be done in September. Sounds crazy, but i am looking forward to it - even with the recovery challenges because I will be done with the bone on bone pain and abe to reclaim my life and full slate of activities!

It really is worth all this grief in the short term.

L

• Posted

Good for you!! Funny seems most of us need both done. Going for my bone on bone lett now funy my right has less range of motion, but not the pain not bone on bone yet... I guess next year for that one.  All the best Linda !!  xoxox hugggss
    • Posted

Yikes - auto correct is out of control! But looks as if you still understood - thanks Annette.

L

• Posted

Hi Linda I feel a lot better today they have put me in anti sickness the now. I've been up walking and moved on to my crutches and it's only been 2 days since I had my op. So I am getting there plus I already see a bit of difference of doing the excrise sad I couldn't move my right hip at all.

Thank-you for all your support. How far are you on from your op?

Megan X

• Posted

Sorry just resilse that you already put 5 months sorry!
    • Posted

Hi Megan.

See told you how quick you start to feel more able. I don't mean to pry to you are very young for THR what was the cause?

Anyway keep taking the tablets, you will soon be back on your feet! Best of luck with rest of your recovery

Graham

X

• Posted

Hi graham.

Yeah I am back on my crutches now so happy. Plus I am aloud to go out and get fresh air as long someone is with me. I took a virus when I was and ended up with avascular nercrosis in both hips they done my worse hip first which they done on Monday. They didn't want to do my hip replacements till I was 30 but I was in to much pain, so they finally decided to do it earlier. I can go to the toliet my self all I need help is with someone helping me in and out of the bed! I don't mind you asking questions ask away!.

Thank-you !

Megan x

• Posted

Hi Megan.

That's a sh*t break! You are amazing though very positive, you will be amazing once you recover fully. Where in the world are you? I have a 25 yr old daughter called Megan and I can't imagine her suffering the pain you have suffered which makes me sad for you.

This blog is fantastic, a very useful tool for us all to help each other anyway we can.

Keep in touch

Graham x

• Posted

Hi graham

Thank- you my life had definitely been challenging but at the end I get there. Once I recover from this I can think about my left hip and when I want it done. Am in Scotland where about are you?. I have only turned 18 this month. I must say my life has been hell at times but it only make me a stronger person.

Yeah your right about this it is fantastic I love this, it great getting advice, support and hearing people experiences of it.

It's been 3 days since I had it done and I feel fine smile

Will do

Megan x

• Posted

Hi Megan.

I'm in the West Midlands, glad you are starting to feel a bit better, I had the last of my staples out yesterday and most of the swelling has gone now, feeling a little stronger every day and it's only two weeks yesterday so quite happy with the way things are going for me.

Any idea when you might get home yet?

Best wishes

Graham

• Posted

Hi graham.

was that not sore getting them out?. My stitches comes them selfs. Glad to here it, you think your walking and your strength in your hip/ leg is getting better?. I couldn't bend or move my right hip at all so I already see the difference.

Possibly tomorrow they are going to show me how to do stairs and more excrise too. How long where you in hospital for?

Thanks

Megan x

• Posted

Hi Meg.

No having staples out was fine a few stung a bit! I had my op on the Wednesday and came home on the Saturday evening. Stairs is one of the last things they test you on I think so could be close to going home. I am pleasantly surprised how quick I seem to be getting stronger the only thing is I still get tired quite quickly other than that I feel good.

Wish you a speedy recovery, if you want to talk or need anything I'm here.

All the best.

Graham

• Posted

Hi graham

Aww that's good your weren't in for long, I am possibly getting home tomorrow as I done stairs today, was qutie difficult but I should get there. Glad your on the getting there, thank-you again

Thanks

Megan x

• Posted

Yeh not good with avn i have it my self and just waiting to get date though for lthr. I hope your recovery keeps going at the same pace and all goes well
    • Posted

Hi there yeah AVN is horrible but suffering most of my child hood with it. Hope you keep well?. Do you have AVN in both hips of just one? That was like me they responded my op 3 times till they finally gave me a actually date. I am due back at college about 5 weeks ish so hopefully I have lest pain.

Thank-you x

• Posted

Yeh in both hips left one is the worst right ones not so bad at the minute but with how i limp and posture caused 2 bulging disks in my back as well had my pre op last friday just waiting for a date through. 5 weeks might be a bit ealry for going back to Collage but with your age your recovery time might be a lot less hopfully mine should will be quick as well only 29 year old
    • Posted

Sorry to here that I also have AVN in both hips my right one was worse so they done that one first. Hopefully you don't wait that long then. The college have been really supportive with me and I can't stop college it's a big year for me this year.

Hope your well

Megan x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.