Trial EMA401 for PHN

Posted , 6 users are following.

Is anyone participating? Just heard about a new Novartis trial. If anyone is taking part can I plz ask where you are participating, what it involves and is it working? Thanks so much hope your having a bearable pain day.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Angela, Don’t know where you are but the trials are being done in Europe. You can get the info on the Novartis site, trials are scheduled to be completed April 19.
    • Posted

Just wanted to know do you have to come off all exsisting medications before you start a trail? Never applied for one before just wanted to know if I need to prepare before I apply because I’m in Asia and intend to apply as I’m so desperate at this stage. Thanks.
    • Posted

Angela, my father tried to apply for this study, but was rejected because he is currently on morphine-based pain killers. This is a type of painkiller that needs a stepping-down program over several weeks (possibly months) and is not allowed in relation to this study.

I think they allow some painkillers though (anti epileptic and antidepressants possibly).

Your doctor should be able to locate the study from id number CEMA401A2201 or by checking the clinicaltrial-link directly. (see section on study locations at clinkcaltrials).

It would be great if someone participating in this study would share their experience, it may be a clause somewhere that prevent people from sharing information though, I don't know.

• Posted

No, I am in the US. Go to the Novartis site, it should give you all the information you need 
    • Posted

Thank you so much I really appreciate u answering my questions take care and all the best 
  • Posted

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03094195

Dose Response Study of EMA401 in Patients With Post-herpetic Neuralgia (PHN) (EMPHENE)

• Posted

Hi ashok thanks for the link r u going to apply? I hope all works out for u I’m going to see if I can be accepted as my life is completely at a standstill so what can be lost right? Good luck my friend I hope u find ur answers in this search to end this unseen affliction my prayers 🙏🏼r with u say one for me to plz😊 kindest regards Angela 

• Posted

Are you able to wear clothes. I have it on chest and back couldn't wear a shirt for 2 yrs

Then I found a way around it

• Posted

Im only a month into PHN, but need to find a way to wear a shirt. would love to know what you figured out. Thx!

• Posted

hi horseheather unfortuantly for me i have not found a solution to wearing clothes near my chest so whenever possible i go oh natural. wearing a bra is completly impossible. i have heard different fabrics may help like silk or cotton u just need to try every available thing maybe it may work for u. shall keep my fingers crossed for u and shall keep u in my prayers. plz let us know if u find a solution although hopefully with time u may be one of the lucky ones and it will be bearable or even go completly. take care and keep in touch were all here to help each other as best we can. regards angela.

• Posted

Sorry, saw this late. I made a plastic device, the shoulder part of which is of plastic that shapes to contours of your shoulder I wear on my shoulder which allows me to wear a modified shirt which does not touch the skin.

It gives the impression of the person being a humpback but it is a great help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.