Trial taking ACV and BM

Posted , 3 users are following.

I decided to try taking Apple Cider Vinegar and Blackstrap Molasses about 10 days ago, I had been taking Esmya (2nd month of my 3rd course) but decided to stop during this time.  I wanted to do the trial as other people have seen good results with it, and Esmya is not a good option for me as I have to buy it!

I took 2 tbl ACV in warm water first thing in the morning, usually half an hour before breakfast, and again last thing at night. The BM I found difficult, it makes me gag to have it in a drink, so I just tried to eat it by the tsp during the day, or on toast.

I felt fine all last week, really well, no bleeding, stomach soft. But 2 days ago I started to feel bloated and tender again. Last night my breasts felt tender too, and I had an abdominal ache this morning. A midday I suddenly had a really bad headache and shortly afterwards a gush of black blood, about a cupful, and I'm still bleeding. It seems the ACV has had no effect, and as I am due to travel In 2 weeks time I am going to start with Esmya again as I can't deal with the bleeding if not a home. Disappointing, maybe I am one of those it doesn't work for. 

As I am 58 I shouldn't be having a period, if I bleed it's a direct result of the fibroids.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I would get yourself to the doctors to get checked.  I have been doing AVC and BM for heavy period for the last 8 years and for me it did stem the flow of my heavy period but did not stop it and had to start taking esyma last September alongside BM and AVC. 
  • Posted

Hi Christine

Sorry to hear that. I was waiting to see how you got on with the ACV N BM as i am considering trying it too. I understand with regard to travelling. I was taking Esmya but still had breakthrough bleeding for 6 weeks and i was due to go on a cruise😳 So i used Provera for the duration of the cruise and thoroughly enjoyed it😊

Maybe after travelling you could try the ACV N BM again maybe? Natural methods generally take longer to work.

Do u normally bleed anyway due to ur fibroids? I am 46 n my fibroids caused me to bleed for 3 months at a time...horrendous. I am now 7 weeks post op myomectomy and am still waiting for my first period to arrive.

Anyway, enough wittering.

I wish you well and that you find some relief. Take care

xx

• Posted

Hi Velbim thanks for the reply. I will continue to take the ACV and BM but it will be difficult to tell if it's having any effect if I'm still taking Esmya. 

Before I took Esmya for the first time I was bleeding more or less continuously, sometimes really gushing, other times less. It's quite scary if you're not at home and it won't stop. I find that flying tends to make it worse too, or maybe the stress of travelling!

I'm feeling better now and the bleeding seems to have stopped, still feel bloated and tender though. 

Hope your fibroids don't come back, and any bleeding is minimal x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.