Tribunal

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone.

Had my tribunal tiday. For PIP. I've been awarded enhanced fir both daily living and mobility. Both indefinitely. Back dated to January.

Thanks to Denise and everyone else for steering me in the right direction.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Great news Bobby!!! However it can't be indefinitely because those awards no long exist with PIP. 10 years is the max amount of time with 9 years before the next review. None the less, that's still great news!

• Posted

Hi Denise

The judge said indefinitely but letter said it is inappropriate to fix a term. I asked what this meant. She said indefinitely.

• Posted

Hi,

I think you've been miss informed on the actually meaning of that "inappropriate to fix a term meaning" Having used google to find out exactly what that is because there really isn't any indefinite awards with PIP. On going (10 years) is the absolute maximum amount of time anyone can have before review. Anyway, it means that it's now up to the DWP when they review you, it could be anything between 3 months and 10 years.

• Posted

No problem. So happy you got the RIGHT decision!!! Relax now and put your feet up, and your mum too smile xxx

• Posted

Thank you Denise. You are a true inspiration to everyone on here. Keep up the good work. XxX
  • Posted

Hi Mark,

that's really fantastic news, I'm so pleased that you have been awarded what you deserve.  Did your mum go in with you?   Hopefully you will be able to forget about it all for now.  Well done you. x

• Posted

Thanks Sukes.

Yes she did. But I managed to answer nearly all the questions myself. They asked my mum different things. But at least it's over now. XxX

• Posted

Hi, How long did you have to wait for a tribunal date after a mandatory reconsideration?  I am asking this because I have been waiting since October 2016. 
    • Posted

Hi there.

My MR was sent in January this year.

I was offered a cancellation a few weeks ago. Or I'm not sure how long I would have waited. My mum phoned the courts as I had more evidence. It was after this call I was offered this cancellation.

I think it depends in which area you live in. As not every area offered facilities for tribunals. Give the court a ring. And ask for any update.

• Posted

Hi I had my tribuneral on the 17th July and got it back got the standard so just waiting for the paperwork to come I got stopped it in September I,m glad I got it back it was so stressful 
    • Posted

Hi Melanie

It certainly is stressful. I was lucky my mum did all paper work and phone calls. As my memory has been effected by MS along with many other things. Butbim glad for everyone who wins what their entitled to. Good luck with things. XxX

• Posted

Congrats.

Just had my Tribunal hearing and have been awarded PIP Daily Living standard care, backdated to Oct and awarded until Oct 2020.

The court based their decision on my evidence and carers - both of which DWP refuted and said they relied on assessor in their decision, which makes me realise that it is worth challenging DWP and providing supportive evidence.

I wholeheartedly agree with you in thanking Denise and others for the help and guidance they have given.

Steve

• Posted

Really pleased for you Steve. I know it was the people on here that kept me going. Good luck fir the future.
    • Posted

Hi Steve I got my pip back I had my tribuneral on the 17 th July which went well they couldn't tell me there and then so they made the decision on the same day and they sent me the letter out and revived it on the Wednesday and I got the standard I lost my DLA in the September but it turned out good in the end 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.