Tribunal

Posted , 5 users are following.

got my tribunal date today for pip 16th November at magistrates court now the fear is setting in .glad ive got a date now whatever way it goes can only but try

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

Good luck. Remember that you have to answer all those questions yourself because the Tribunal will want to know how your conditions affect you in your own words.

Sometimes decisions can't be made on the day of the hearing, if this happens then HMCTS will write to you and you'll receive it within a day or 2. Do come back and let us know the outcome.

• Posted

hi denise and rest if group it was my tribunal today was mega intense .judge doctor carer other lady and dwp but i did it and i WON i think im still in shock .thank you for all your advice and support and of course others that have supported me .to anyone eles fighting dont give up

• Posted

Thats brilliant, I'm really pleased you won your case 😀 at least now you will be safe for a year at least and thankfully you will get your back dated money fast

• Posted

That's great news, well done. Hopefully DWP won't keep you waiting too long for your backdated money but it can take 2-8 weeks. May i ask what you were awarded and for how long please?

• Posted

Can i ask, could DWP bring forward the assessment date or does the court have a higher jurisdiction and DWP have to wait the full 5 years, i only ask because i know very little about the process after the initial tribunal, i know DWP can appeal the decision but thankfully rarely

• Posted

When an award is given by a Tribunal there's no review 1 year before. Instead the DWP contact you 3 months before the award is due to end to ask if you still want to claim PIP to ring and request more forms. You'll receive more PIP2 forms, rather than the review forms. If a decision isn't made by the time the end date arrives your money will stop. Once a decision is made, if successful you'll be backdated to the date it stopped.

• Posted

That's excellent news then, I can never understand the three year award that only lasts two years, i wonder if they do it that way so you dont overun the 3 years that the motability scheme runs for

• Posted

Good luck, thinking about you, hope it is positive for you.

it is a shame we are put through this, I felt like a criminal in court!

• Posted

thank you and yea agree

• Posted

Hi Janny im sorry you are having to jump through hoops to get a benefit you most probably deserve but at least now you know when its going to happen and you can prepare for it, some people believe that they hold it in the magistrate court to intimidate you but i actually believe that the simple reason is that the magistrate's courts are central to where you live so its convenient and also its a building that is a neutral instead of you going to a DWP building or an assessment centre site.

Also the judge who will sit on the board will be in the building for other cases so its easier for him.

It could be held in a law centre as well but courts are more often used.

2 others will also be on the board with him/her and one of these will be a doctor so you could actually explain not only how your health issues effect you but also he will understand better the nature of the diagnosis.

Remember these are ordinary people not biased or out to stop you getting the help you deserve, they also probably have disabled relative's and friends and m sure will be more understanding

• Posted

Yes, the magistrates court is just the location of the hearing, it won't be anything formal. They will just use a normal room inside the court, in the room there will just be a table with everyone sat around it. It will be nothing like a face to face assessment, they'll listen to what you have to say. Any extra evidence you have should be sent to HMCTS to arrive no later than 10 days before the hearing date, otherwise there's a chance it won't be used as evidence.

Remember 71% of those who appear in person have a decision in their favour.

• Posted

thank you im trying to stay calm i only received the letter yesterday and the date fir tribunal is the 16th of nov so anything extra to add i will have to be quick

• Posted

Did you send evidence stating how your conditions affect you? This is what they'll be looking for.

• Posted

yes explained how it effects my day by day living and doctors letters

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.