Tribunal decision by post.

Posted , 5 users are following.

My tribunal was 28th March 2018 

Easter period.   I was told I’d be informed of their decision by post.  

Although it came out that the original assessor had lied about most everything.   Apparently I was using a laptop.  There was no laptop in the rooom.  Apparently there was adequate eye  contact.  This is in my medical records as a problem I’ve had since I was a kid.  I can’t make eye contact.  

Anyway.  I received a letter telling I had an ESA assessment on the 5th April.  Now on Saturday a letter arrived saying that the ESA assessment was cancelled and ullnever have to go to another.   It was dated 28th.  Arrived Saturday.  Does anyone think this will be because of the tribunals decision.  To which I do not know that yet.   I’m hoping for a letter tomorrow.  Any help or advise would be great.  

Thanks you all and stay strong.  Fight for what we deserve.  Never give up hope.  

Regards. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Thomas,

No, it won't have anything to do with the Tribunal decision. ESA and PIP are totally different benefits.  Chances are the DWP don't even know what that decision is yet either. Hopefully it will go in your favour though, good luck.

• Posted

Oh another administration problem because departments don't communicate with each other!

Assessment on 5th April and then a letter saying you never have to have another assessment!

They can't both be right. Stick with the one that goes in your favour and says you never have to have another assessment

They made a similar mistake with me many years ago, took away my DLA and then invited me to go for another medical to make sure I kept receiving it!!Can't both be right can it!!!

Most of all don't let this upset you and become stressed, that is how they get to you.

Keep in touch

Sarah 

• Posted

They obviously changed their minds which does happen sometimes, especially with ESA if you're already in the Support Group. For ESA and those already in the Support Group they changed the rules last Oct/Nov. Those with certain conditions may not need anymore assessments after their next review. Thomas obviously had enough of evidence in the end to prove that no more reviews were needed again.

There's also more of a chance for someone already in the Support Group to have a paper based assessment. This happened to me for my last review. Unlike PIP where another face 2 face assessment is highly likely for reviews.

• Posted

Hi all, I was awarded Esa support group by tribunal until 21-06-2018, my last payment will be on 15-06-2018, will they pay me up to 20-06-2018?

Will I have to reapply again or will I get a paper based assessment?

• Posted

Hi,

Your payments will continue until they re-assess you and a decision is made. When they re-assess you they will send you another ESA50 form and they can't re-assess you until you've filled it in and return it. Lots of people go over the time for re-assessments for ESA unlike PIP. When you are re-assessed then another face 22 face assessment is likely and you'll need more evidence to support your claim. From the time they send you the ESA50 form to a decision can take months depending on back log.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.