Trichomonas

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone had BV turn into Trichomonas

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Those are two different bacterias but you can have both at the same time
    • Posted

Yeah but it seems like I got it and wasn't even sexually active at the time
    • Posted

You can have it for years and not know bc you might not have all the symptoms and if you don't ask for a culture it might not be told to you during your pap.
    • Posted

I thought this was an sti ,?

Gammy what symptoms have you had do you bleed inbetween periods or itch pain ?

• Posted

Sorry I mean tammy
    • Posted

This was several years ago.. I had a hysterectomy so no periods.. It is an STD but it seems that everyone that I have encountered with chronic BV has had Trich at some point in thier lives and most of them were not sexually active or either in a commited relationship.. I was thinking it was somehow related
    • Posted

Yes maybe getting trich. Causes bv it's like a dirty uncleansy thing but comes right after a bath it's not nice is it well that's how it makes me feel I feel like I haven't washed in century's even though I was daily and more when needed I need to have a pap ️️an routines for stis and even the trich how do you get tested for trich? ️️An what would I say to Dr ? Thanks
    • Posted

Loo52033 you ask for a culture for bc trich And yeast they do all three at once.
    • Posted

Bv not bc sorry
    • Posted

Ok thanks and is this a swab they do,? ️️An how long is the results xx
    • Posted

Ok thanks will look on going for that feel so ashamed though CARNT bring my self to make the call scared of the smear hurting too x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.