trigeminal neuralgia

Posted , 8 users are following.

hello

I have been suffering with several different symptoms thats making me feel like im loosing my mind, the whole right side of my face feels like its full of fur, it burns, my eye gets red and feels like its on fire. i can wash and shave my face and none of this matters, my doc has tried prednisone with no success and now im on topiramate 25mg, i have only been on this for a week so have not seen any improvement but with all the researche ive been doing i have not seen anything thats given me any hope. does anyone have any info they can share with me please.? I know practically nothing about this disease and the waiting list to see a neurologist is long. not sure how much more I can take. Thanks to anyone who can help.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oops - To continue previous reply...I had gamma knife 2xs - first one very successful and pain free for 3-4 years. Repeated procedure and was totally unsuccessful. Finally had mvd and ended up in worse pain. I was told by mvd surgeon that better to have had mvd first - then if unsuccessful do gamma as the nerve was too damaged and it affected outcome of mvd. I would think same goes for radio frequency as both procedures damage nerve in hopes it will break the pain cycle. Ask dr opinion - good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.