Trigeminal Neuralgia

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with trigeminal Neuralgia- however I have swelling along that nerve path, the side of my face. Has anyone else also had swelling?@

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

HI - yes I have swelling.  The swelling only occurs when my pain level is high.  My face feels like I got a good hit to that side of my face.  Also, it is very noticeable.
  • Posted

My daughter has TGN .When it very first started,she looked like she has a trout pout ,because both lips and the surrounding tissue were swollen badly.We thought she was having an allergic reaction to something.We had been on the beach having a picnic lunch and by teatime,she was screaming in pain and swollen.Both cheeks were bigger too.

X Beth

• Posted

Robpep,

I don't know that i can say if i saw any obvious swelling when i had TN , however my friends used to tell me that it appeared as if the TN side was swollen.

The reason i don't think it was swelling is because in my experience , whenever i had the attacks i think i subconsciously focused on relaxing that side ( basically trying not to use any muscles on that side of the face) and that made it look swollen.  I don't know if that makes sense, but that's what i think.  Could be wrong.

• Posted

Hi - I do have swelling.  Te swelling occurs only when my pain level is high.
  • Posted

This has been discussed before and I think many people experience the swelling. Myself, no.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.