Trigeminal neuralgia gum pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

cryI've had two trigeminal neuralgia attacks over the last two years. The first was lasted a month and a half and came after a root canal. The second came after a tooth had to be pulled due to a fractured root. I have facial pain on one side that has eased over the last month. I am now experiencing severe gum pain. I have only moderate facial pain. Has anyone experienced gum pain caused by TN ? If so please share how it feels. I'm now worried is it TN or something wrong with my gums. I might add my gums are in a very healthy condition. Any advice or info on your experiences would be greatly appreciated as I'm so tired of hurting. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Lacy91801 ,

I had gum pain b4 I had my TN.

There is a new procedure instead of MVD surgery , it is called balloon surgery. If u need surgery have the ballon surgery no opening of the brain. I still get have a dlight gum pain every now then I gey sticks in my face

I still have muscle spasms In my neck.

If I had to have this done again and that balloon surgery was out there I eould have opted for this,

Get yourself a good neurologist

Neurologist now and tell him u want to have a surgeon who has done balloon surgery.

I take two 150 mg Oxcarnazepine tablets in morning and two 150mg oxcarbazepine tablets at nite alone with 3 (300mg) Gabapentin capsules.

I get dopu nut they work, God is still healing me. Go get a good neurologist.

I am going to get all my teeth pulled, because I am one of the thousands who had Basi c Training at Fort McClellan Alabama,

Fort McClellan and toxic exposure -what veterans need to know.(

God bless us and keep us and give us peace

• Posted

Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I have read a lot about TN but everything I read briefly talks about gum pain. I have had two really bad TN attacks both following dental procedures. Half of my face feels numb with burning and stabbing hot pocket pains . It kinda feels like a big strong pair of hands with sharp nails is ripping my face off. The first attack lasted a month and a half the second is on going for about a month now. The severe pain has gotten better but now my gums feel like they are constantly burning and swollen but they look fine and healthy. I have taken Gabapentin 600mg in am, noon and 1200mgs at bedtime along with 100mg of Lyrica. None of that works it only causes my mouth to become dry and my mind to run a little slower. I have not heard of Oxcarnazepine before. I've heard of Tegratol and will think more about options that could work. Does the Oxcarnazepine cause any bad side effects ? And does it help ? I count my blessings because I know it could be worse but I'm so tired of hurting and only being able to get soft foods. I lost 15 pounds the first three weeks of this attack because I'm in so much pain and have trouble eating or talking. Life goes on and I have no time to slow down and I have so many repsonsiblities and people depending on me to give 100%. It's eguasting. I pray for you and all the others that someone will find a cure that will help ease everyone's pain. Thank you again for giving me your time and sharing your thoughts. I really appreciate it. It does help sharing stories because doctors help but us as patients can help ourselves to by learning, knowledge is power. Peace 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.