Trigger finger and painful thumbs

Posted , 3 users are following.

Not new to this site, but newly diagnosed with arthritis. Had had

An injection on two separate occasions for trigger finger one on

The left hand and one on the right. Was told no more injections

And talked about degree of pain in hands, weighing up if surgery

Would be replicable yet. Explaining up to 12 months recovery.

Also said arthritis in thumbs and he could feel crunching. This

Ending up with operations on the thumbs. Open 6 month appointment to ring up if any symptoms get worse. Pain relief Ibrufen,

But unable to take this. As have loads of other medical issues on

Going and have to be extremely careful medicine wise.

Since my visit last week have noticed that my right wrist startsgetting a pain shooting up the arm, is th I s connected?

Any advice on any of the above would be appreciated.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi janet 

I also have OA in the fingers but never been offered surgery ,i have been on the sick for 10 weeks now but have been told not to return to my job as a cleaner in a nursing home as the work is very demanding,i also suffer with my right wrist which was diagnosed a few years ago as tenosynovitis which is very painful as the pain shoots up my arm,it might be the same problemm as you are having hope this information has helped.

• Posted

Have you tried voltarol gel that is what I use

I have had 2 finger joint surgeries and now I am pain free and have some movement, no brainer... If offered surgery take it, anything better than being in constant pain.

• Posted

Thank you Karen and wknight for replays any info I can get helps. The thought of an op is daunting, have have a few in the past 5 years and would rather not if it can be avoided. But

Looks like it will be. What was your recovery time weeknight?

• Posted

For my finger joint I was driving after 3 weeks. The critical physio time is 3 to 8 weeks to get maximum movement. I was only in hospital overnight and sling and cast were removed after 5 days

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.