Trigger Finger (in all fingers except my thumbs)

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have what my orthopedic hand specialsit calls "trigger finger". I cant make a closed fist with my right hand (almost that bad on the left hand). The pinky is now the only finger that catches and locks as the others can't even close that far to cause a "trigger". I have been told that the tendons are so swollen that they cant move freely trough the tunnel openings. 

Does anyone know of a remedy other than surgery? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had the surgery on 8 out of 10 fingers recently. wasn't to bad

• Posted

Thanks.Lisa,  Did the pain and swelling go complety away? Was it immediete relief (next day or week or so)? 
    • Posted

typing with 1 hand- forgive me... a few fingers were worse then others. when it hit the pain was extreme. I would instantly scream and clutch the frozen fingers. then they would release. a few times it took a week to release. other fingers were not so bad as that. medium pain, stuck in different positions. on the worst fingers the surgery was around 50% successful. less pain, less severe. still freeze from time to time, but not as bad. I do not regret the surgeries at all. I have ALOT of hand issues. anything that helps at all is a sucess in my book :-)
  • Posted

Simple answer, nope, no other remedy. Heat and massage might give momentary relief. I'm

Prepping for my surgery now. Tried different things with no relief. I'm told it is a very simple

Procedure with a quick recovery. My doc said to get it done soon because eventually it won't

help and it will stay locked.

• Posted

I have the same problem with my left hand. I am unable to close my left hand. My right hand is perfectly normal. These problems started at the same time that i developed painful muscles in my legs, thighs & buttocks. It is as if I was attacked by a new kind of virus. At ooe point I was unable to bend down and pick up something I dropped on the floo because of the pain in my thighs and hip area. I also find myself taking naps - something I never used to do. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.