Trigger Point Therapy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone tried trigger point therapy for frozen shoulder. If so how successful was it and where did you get it done.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I purchased a back buddy(Amazon) and I was able to give myself my own trigger point massage on places I was unable to reach. I actually tried lots of things. I went to a nuerokinisiology clinic really wanting to improve and was able break a tiny bit of the frozen area, you literally hear cracking like when you bite and crush a candy in your mouth. Once cracking happens then little by little you get improvement in your rom. I gave up on the neuro k. Coz my elbow on the other arm started hurting as a result so I tried acupuncture, I think that helped me the most. I just went to Yelp and read lots of reviews is how I found Aaron You, but he's in San Francisco on Grant St. After, about 20mins of needles behind with the heat lamp blazing he placed these suction cups around my shoulder area in the back, front, even armpit. Then he made me exercise with it doing mostly rotations. After about a half an hour of that he massaged my shoulder area then he physically rotated my affected shoulder. Well after that one session with him...I improved A LOT! I did this around March 2017 and by May2017 I able to raise my arm all the way up, I still had some frozen area and now it's completely gone. My fs started in September 2016 after a bicycle fall. The moment I was unable to raise my arm I did exercises like walking my fingers up a wall. Little things like that may not appear to do anything but it helps you little at a time. I also suggest getting a lacrosse ball and roll on it while on the floor. This will help you in the trigger point area in your shoulder and also massage your suspraspinatus muscle. It's located deep inside under the armpits. You can also get a massage foam roller lie on your side roll on it with your arms streched out and place pressure on your side up to armpit area by lifting up your pelvis in order to place pressure on side. Those where suggested by my physical therapist. I was doing lots of different things because I was afraid I never be able to have normal arms. I never received any steroid shot although my Ortho doc mentioned it because that doesn't cure the pain. I say this from my pov as well as other experiences online. But, now I can say after only 8mos my fs is gone. No surgery, no steroids. Just lots of therapy.

• Posted

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. You are the 2nd person in less than a week to mention acupuncture helping. I think I will have to check it out. Maybe not San Francisco as I live in England but I will find someone experienced in treating a frozen shoulder. Steroid injections did help with the pain and inflammation but I had bad side effects. I have more movement but after a year since it first started it seems to have plateaued so acupunctre seems the way to go.. Thanks for the advice.
  • Posted

Do not forget ice and heat!!!  YOU WILL MAKE IT!!! KEEP your chin up!!!!
  • Posted

Yes, have had it done at an accupuncutest and also at massage therapy. Still frozen after 2 years, but it has helped some. The massage helpes with the pain more than the trigger point. I almost threw up a few time because the pain was a bit too intense for me with trigger point. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.