Trimalleolar fracture

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all its great to read about all the different stages you are all going through.

My question is I'm 4 months post op but the screw from the inside of my ankle to the outside of ankle is showing under my skin quite a lot. Does anyone else have this problem or is it not normal?

Thanks in advance for replies

0 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Very interesting post everyone. Thanks for th info! I also am at just 7 weeks out trimal and still in a cast, but your info is most helpful. Please let us know what happens and what decisions you make. I really wonder how bad it is to get the hardware out, at the 6+ month point, if we need that done.
    • Posted

Hi patti my surgeon said mine would stay in permanently. It's such a long process and the boredom is awful. Crazy thing I keep thinking about is will I ever be able to wear heels again
    • Posted

So funny...I think about that too re. heels too...want to feel normal again! I accidentally made the mistake of looking at my heels in my closet last week and just got totally bummed! They symbolize youth, fun, etc. Ugh!

Do any of you have interesting dreams now? I have a recurring dream of running through a field of tall grass with two labrador retrievers? I always exercised a lot, but was never really a runner, and I don't have labs. Kind of funny dream!

• Posted

I'm only 7 weeks tri-mai and still too swollen to see it, but I asked my doctor today re. the hardware. He said the inside hardware hardly ever bugs anyone. I asked what percentage of people get the outside plate and hardware taken out and he said 50%, even though he is a doctor that doesn't like to take anything out unless it is bugging his patients. That tells us that a lot of people are bugged by at least the outside ankle metalwork. 
  • Posted

I have a question has anyone had surgery for for this fracture with the incision on the back of their ankle? My surgery is Monday & my doc said he's making my incision on the back of my leg!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.