Trimalleolar Fracture

Posted , 3 users are following.

Dear friends

I was hit by a motorcycle on 20 July 2018 which resulted in a trimalleolar fracture with dislocation in my ankle. The surgery happened next day (21 July). I've just completed 4 weeks post surgery, but the cast is still on and I'm still on painkillers. I will need to relocate from my current base (Kuala Lumpur) to London at the end of October (this will be week 15 post surgery) but worried if I'd be able to gain enough mobility and walk with full load bearing by then. If anyone had similar fracture and experience on recovery time, please let me know. Thanks all.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi sorry to hear about your accident. I didn't had a broken ankle but a broken tibia and fibula and insert a nail rod. Assuming is the same method in terms of recovery, it took about 3-4 months after surgery to fully bear weight with slight discomfort. After 5 months post surgery I slowly regain all my walking abilities. Year later working on extreme exercise and slowly running with slight limp ( I don't limp when I walk just jogging/running). No pain just soreness and slight discomfort since my tibia bone is still healing. My experience I hope it helps to know where you at. Good luck and hope for full recovery  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.