Posted , 7 users are following.
It's 4am and day 50 since I broke my Tibia, fibula, and shattered over a dozen fragmented pieces of bones in between. I broke it 2/15/18 and had surgery 3/6/18 they put plates and metal screws throughout. I'm hoping to connect with some people who have gone through this and hear your experiences.
1. Sleep - I'm completely off oxys weeks ago and still have been sleeping 5am-12pm - anyone relate and what have you done?
2. Flex 90 degrees? Has anyone been able to flex their ankle/foot to 90 degrees within basically 2 weeks post reconstructive foot/ankle surgery? My surgeon said he is seriously concerned my foot is 20 degrees off from flexing to 90 degrees. He also.said I will have arthritis osteoporosis and likely nerve damage. He said I need to fix my foot.. not the best communicator this doc. Im confused bc I feel like I just had a major surgery, cast removed and physical therapy pending- how are we supposed to be expected to flex it full range that fast am I the only one?
3. How soon did you get your cast removed and start physical therapy?
4. How long until you were able to walk with the boot and then walk on your own without? Docs are telling me 6-9 months.
5. My relationship with my husband... He has been very supportive. Night time is the toughest he is in bed by 11pm and I'm fridgey until 5am often times he goes to the couch and we've been sleeping separately
I'm 29 years old, healthy female, played sports and involved I'm fitness most of my life. I hope for speedy recovery everything just seems so slow..
I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks for your time.
0 likes, 6 replies