Trintellix migraines

Posted , 3 users are following.

HELLO all, I was taking 5mg of LEXAPRO AND overall the drug worked well except it killed my LIBIDO. YESTERDAY I started taking TRINTELLIX because from what i researched, it has less sexual side effects. however, since I started i have had excruciating migraines I am agitated, and my head is in a fog. I KNOW 2 days is not a lot of time and i need to give it more time but was wondering if anyone has any experience with this medication. There is a lot of contradicting info online and have know idea what to expect. Any info is appreciated!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I have never tried that one but i do know that most these AD's have horrible side effects lasting around 6-8 weeks.

• Posted

when i started LEXAPRO i only had a foggy brain the following day, it clicked well with me aside from the sexual side effects, i will not be able to tolerate this for 8 weeks!

• Posted

Hi Albert,

5mg is a fairly low dose of escitalopram... how long were you on it?

I'm on 15mg and suppose to be on 20 but won't go up of I don't have to.

I'm wondering if you were still getting the side effects from starting it as it takes a while to settle down...

Not sure about your new med...did you taper off one and onto the new one?

• Posted

i have been on LEXAPRO for about 2 years i did taper off and onto TRINTELLIX. today is day 3 of the trintellix. i was on LEXAPRO for mood swings and IBS-ironically that might be why the dose is low. LEXAPRO WORKED well im considering going back to it but will give trintellix another day.

• Posted

oh ok... well 2 years ruled out any short term side effects..

it's really difficult when you find something that works but has an annoying side effect..

my main one is very bad constipation and rashes every now and then.. not good but the thought of changing...augh!

Sounds like a good move... I remember trying several years ago and got migraine headaches within days of starting them... finally found one that didn't give me that.. so maybe that's the same with you..

• Posted

I suffer from IBS-C so i feel your pain with the constipation, ironically the Lexapro doesn't do that to me. The Trintellix has been giving me debilitating headaches, I can't take it anymore. I've made the decision to go back on Lexapro and deal with the sexual side effects, it is clear to me the "pros" tremendously outweigh the "cons." By the way, have you tried anything for the constipation?

• Posted

I did use but ended up with fecal loading.. so had to have a massive dose of Movicol to shift it... now I've been using Movicol every 2nd day to keep things going through.. sometimes have to double the dose if things get bad.. i try and eat some fruit and water but still need help..

I had trouble once before with one AD but nothing like this .

any hints will be most appreciated 😁

• Posted

sorry ... forgot to add... I did use Osmolax, but ended up with fecal loading..

• Posted

Gina,

I assume fecal loading is constipation? i use LINZESS it is a perscription and for me works very well. i take it before bed and go to the bathroom in the morning.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.