Triple Arthrodesis

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi there..... I had a triple arthrodesis almost 5 weeks ago and go back to see my surgeon at the end of January.  Still no weight bearing.  Going a little stir crazy lol but hanging in there!  Best wishes and Merry Christmas and hope you all have fast recoveries and are up and about pain free in the New Year! Sheila

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Merry Christmas to you. I had hindfoot and talonavicular fusion Nov 18. 6 weeks in hard cast. Now 3 weeks I boot and 3 left. I was going stir crazy also. It gets better.

My saving grace is that my foot gonna be like new. No more swelling and pain. I know recovery is hard and lengthy, but in my opinion worth it.

• Posted

Hi Angela, Thanks so much for your letter of encouragement. I had my surgery Nov 22nd and was only in a hard cast for 2weeks. Then back to the boot (which I have been wearing since May!) I think I will feel like I am missing part of a limb by the time I don't have to wear it lol!  I must admit I am excited like you to know that the pain and swelling will be gone eventually and I definitely have no regrets.  Take care!

• Posted

Why have you been in boot since May? That is awful long time. Hope all is well with you.
  • Posted

I had same surg sept 13 and zero wt bearing for 10 weeks, then in boot, and as of dec 19th in shoes, still awfully stiff but dr said it could take up to 3 mo to get walking skill back. But so much better pain wise. Mentally it is awful as i am not a sitter, had a few crying melt downs and watched sooooo much tv. So know exactly what you are going thru, hang in there it wi'' get better. Keep in touch

• Posted

Thanks Cheryl, I am so thankful for this site and to receive such positive feedback.  It is so comforting to know that someone else out there knows exactly what you are going through.  Like you it is the sitting around that bugs me but then I try and overdo it and suffer.  Oh well Spring is just around the corner (not that it feels like it right now lol!)  Take care and all the best!
    • Posted

I am 5 weeks post triple arthrodesis and have had a few melt downs!! By chance did your foot turn an ugly purple when hanging down? My color gets back to normal right away!!

I am in the boot NWB. See the Dr again at 6 weeks post op. I take the boot off for an hour a day to point and flex and to shower! Love the shower!!!

• Posted

Glad that you are keeping your sanity! I was very surprised how depressed I felt at times and they certainly don't warn you.I had triple arthrodesis and Achilles lengthening 25/8.I was in a cast for 7 weeks and am still in the air boot until at least 19/1.All the metal work is in place but the bone is still too soft to allow weight bearing without the boot.At least I can walk around with the boot although it does leave me with knee pain and back ache at times.All these things are worth putting up with as the ankle pain is almost non existent .Hope things go well for you,keep in touch

• Posted

And yes the down side is what it does to other parts of your body, my knee which has had surgery is now bad again because of foot. So hopefully this will get better with walking more.
    • Posted

Nice to hear from you and glad things are moving along steady for you (it is hard not to get impatient isn't it?) As for me keeping my sanity that is debateable at times lol!  I am finding my knee on the oposite leg is so swollen and painful now and as soon as my foot is healed then I have to have a knee replacement but I am hoping to wait until next Winter as I would like to enjoy the Summer somewhat lol!  Oh well at least we are fortunate that these things can be fixed. All the best!

• Posted

I am Ving trouble with knee also. I am praying it will get away when boot is off. I started wearing knee brace which seems to help. This has been a long recuperation and hopefully worth it.
    • Posted

Sorry to hear about your knee Angela.  Like you I wear a brace on my knee most of the time as it tends to lock up on me. Hopefully like you said things will improve for you once the boot is off.
  • Posted

hello there!

I am new on here and am almost 5 weeks post triple arthrodesis!! I would love to hear more of how you are doing!

• Posted

Hello there

How are you doing today?

I am 5 weeks post triple arthrodesis!

Would love to chat with you!'

• Posted

I am 6 months post surgery. its a very long recovery. Finally was able to start weight bearing with a cane after 12 weeks. still have trouble on stairs and swelling with overuse.

• Posted

Hi Sheila. I had the surgery 6 months ago. What a long recovery! Ended up getting fitted for new sneakers because nothing I have fits. Made a big difference. Went to PT for 8 weeks but still cannot go downstairs very well. Definitely no sandals....tried that and was very swollen. Also cannot walk barefoot. I am 80% fused at this point. How are you doing?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.