Triple fusion problems

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a triple fusion on 22nd may ive been back at work 6 and a half weeks full time I am still getting tingling sensation in my foot apparantly the surgeon said it’s due to cutting through nerves due to previous scar tissue hence why my op went over 6 hrs instead of the usual 2 at the mo im pooping cocodomol like sweets when’s the pain gonna subside ?? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i had a double fusion In July but I don’t get any tingling. Mine is tightest in my ankle around my incision & pain on the bottom of the heel into the ankle by the incision. Are you walking without aids now? I’m trying to use one crutch but I’m not there yet. I’ve heard other people on this site say how it takes a good year for all this pain to subside. I hope it’s worth it for us all. I’m sure this tingling will go away over time. A triple fusion is a pretty major surgery. What made you have to get this done? With me it was severe arthritis

• Posted

Hi.

Could tightness because you are overdoing bearing weight ?

I just purchased the Iwalk2?

I can not use it until after my two week appointment , however it has proven to be a great invention!

Research it if you desire.

Hands free relief!

• Posted

Hi Dawn, 

i contemplated getting one of those but I never did. It certainly will be easier on the wrists. Especially since you’re on crutches so blessed long. Thus tightness never got any better after surgery. I really think it’s hardware related as when I flex my foot, I feel the hardware rubbing on my ankle & when I stand, I feel it on my ankle bone. I’m hoping to work this out as I don’t want anymore surgery on that foot. 

Enjoy your Iwalk2. I think you’re going to love it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.