Triple therapy Helicobacter pylori

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I am currently on triple therapy for H Pylori (2x1000 amoxicillin, 2x500 claritromicin and lasoprasole) started 6 days ago. Initially I was started on amoxicillin 4x500 - one every 6 hours, claritromicin 2x500 -obe every 12h, omeprasole and metronidazole - one dose every 8h but I could not cope with the huge amount of pills I was supposed to take daily so after one day of it I skipped two doses and went to gastroenterology where after I found out I have gastritis I was put on the current medication combo. I have horrible side effects from claritromicin and can barely function but I have three doses left until I complete the week. My question here is related to whether the first day and the skipped doses affect the performance of current combination and if I should compensate for that by continuing with 2 more doses of the current combination. Also, having taken one amoxicillin every 6 hours then compared to 2 every 12h now, should I worry about anything? I can't wait to finish this, I feel not like myself at all and I can't work or do much.

Than you,

Gabriela

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Perhaps you should have a word with your doctor or a Pharmacist about your "missed doses".  Does it say anything about that on the leaflet that comes with the medication?

H-pylori and the antibiotics will have a drastic effect on your Vitamin B12 levels so I would also ask your doctor to check both it and your Folate (B9).

I am not a medically trained person but I've had Pernicious Anaemia (a form of B12 deficiency) for more than 46 years.

I wish you well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.